Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=willytan;445891]
    Originally Posted by andi mack View Post
    Unless someone has edited the posts, the only one trying to sell off cues was willytan.QUOTE]

I m trying to provide like minded snooker players with a quality cue at reasonable price...

With 150, i strongely suggest you get a mid price range Thailand made cue set such as O'min & mastercue instead from ADR or stu green.
    Unless you are looking for a black ebony cue.

Thailand made cue workmanship & quality is almost near or on par with some of the UK made cue but they lack the vast selection of exotic wood for splicing.
    I wasn't having a pop at you willytan, just making an observation.

It's a great idea to show like minded people quality cues at reasonable prices.
    Andi Mack

Comment

TobyMc could get a fine cue from Thailand, but a good wad of his money would be spent on Shipping and handeling. A MW Shark cue would be the best cue for the price i would suggest. Although this doesnt allow you to play around with specs.

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
      Best thing would be to go to a showroom (craftsman, greenbaize etc.) and try a load of cues to find out what you like.
      Have a crack at your local too. Just hit some random up for a try of their cue, dont be shy, anyone with a two bit cue is likely to give you a go if you ask them NICELY.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
        True... My Bad. To much Alcohol for me... i just assumed Brendan147 was trying to promote mastercues with his link... Sorry Brendan you gave some good advice too.
        Apologies accepted...don't drink (until you get drunk) and surf the net @ the same time...
        My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by TheRowdyOne View Post
          TobyMc could get a fine cue from Thailand, but a good wad of his money would be spent on Shipping and handeling. A MW Shark cue would be the best cue for the price i would suggest. Although this doesnt allow you to play around with specs.

Have a crack at your local too. Just hit some random up for a try of their cue, dont be shy, anyone with a two bit cue is likely to give you a go if you ask them NICELY.
          Lol won't happen in UK

Comment

I was thinking about getting a Mastercraft cue or an O'Min. I will probs order after christmas when I have some more cash.
            Thanks everyone for your neutral advice, much appreciated.
            Im going to play tonight and I will ask to look at some cue's in the club.
            I also want a cue that I can attatch an extention to it, mastercraft and o'min do that right?
            Also has anyone got msn? because it would be helpful to have someone I can just quickly ask a question and get an instant reply, theres a lot of things im clueless about when it comes to snooker and cues thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by TobyMc View Post
              I was thinking about getting a Mastercraft cue or an O'Min. I will probs order after christmas when I have some more cash.
              Thanks everyone for your neutral advice, much appreciated.
              Im going to play tonight and I will ask to look at some cue's in the club.
              I also want a cue that I can attatch an extention to it, mastercraft and o'min do that right?
              Also has anyone got msn? because it would be helpful to have someone I can just quickly ask a question and get an instant reply, theres a lot of things im clueless about when it comes to snooker and cues thank you.
              Yes both mastercraft and omin do that. I have nothing against Omin but since you are from UK it is better to get cue from Mastercraft (cost wise). Both of them make good cues anyway. Call/e-mail Dave and ask for his advise...I believe he is more than happy to help you.

All the best.
              My cueing sucks

Comment

[QUOTE=andi mack;445912]
                Originally Posted by willytan View Post

I wasn't having a pop at you willytan, just making an observation.
                Hey bro,

No worries, I m also not popping u. Actually I like to thank u for highlighting me...

Just like to extend a long distant assistant to some newbies.

Cheers

Comment

Tried my friends cue today and it was light, felt so good, so im going to get a lighter cue.

Comment

It is good that you figured out you are more comfortable with light cues, however an extremely light cue wouldn't be useful.

I've played with light cues sometimes you get the feeling that there is no mass thats helping the cue stay steady on your bridge, a slightly heavier cue would give you that feeling. Also you should make sure that the cue you played with is actualy "light" not "feels light" cause the weight distribution of the cue generates false feelings sometimes. I can hand you 2 cues, both the same weight, one has it's weight more concentrate at the butt, would make you feel it's heavier.

That is just my opinion, guess it would be very useful to help the Pros here once again
                    It's not the pace of life that concerns me... It's whether I make a 147 break before it ends!
                    Quote © to Craftman Cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by King T View Post
                      It is good that you figured out you are more comfortable with light cues, however an extremely light cue wouldn't be useful.

I've played with light cues sometimes you get the feeling that there is no mass thats helping the cue stay steady on your bridge, a slightly heavier cue would give you that feeling. Also you should make sure that the cue you played with is actualy "light" not "feels light" cause the weight distribution of the cue generates false feelings sometimes. I can hand you 2 cues, both the same weight, one has it's weight more concentrate at the butt, would make you feel it's heavier.

That is just my opinion, guess it would be very useful to help the Pros here once again
                      Hmm, thanks... His cue was just light, I picked it up after using my dad's cue and it felt light all over. I think i'll probs go for a medium weight cue

Comment

In the end, I looked in my local club shop and they had 25% off so just picked up a MBS two piece cue, with an extension and a solid case for not a lot of money, it feels good, so im happy about they buy

Comment

Originally Posted by TobyMc View Post
                          In the end, I looked in my local club shop and they had 25% off so just picked up a MBS two piece cue, with an extension and a solid case for not a lot of money, it feels good, so im happy about they buy
                          As long as it plays well, who cares what brand it is, how it looks or how much it costs.

Hope the new cue serves you well and you get some really high breaks with it.

P.S. Merry chrimbo and a happy new year to you (and anyone else who reads the thread).
                          Andi Mack

Comment

Originally Posted by andi mack View Post
                            As long as it plays well, who cares what brand it is, how it looks or how much it costs.

Hope the new cue serves you well and you get some really high breaks with it.

P.S. Merry chrimbo and a happy new year to you (and anyone else who reads the thread).
                            Exactly Thanks, you too!

Comment

Working...
                            X