Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering mastercraft through adr or mastercraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering mastercraft through adr or mastercraft?

What's the difference if there even is a difference? ebay says ADR's gone until 2nd jan so i thought i'd just ask here in case anyone knew

Order directly from Mastercraft should be okay. Try to call them if you want. Hopefully they are still open before Christmas.
    Last edited by brendan147; 22 December 2009, 05:47 AM.
    My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
      What's the difference if there even is a difference? ebay says ADR's gone until 2nd jan so i thought i'd just ask here in case anyone knew
      Jonny I was wondering the same thing and tried to get an answer a while back. Asked around but never got an answer. Mastercraft are in Shropshire and ADR is in Scotland so not really that close. I was wondering if you bought an ADR cue was it really an ADR made cue with a Mastercraft badge stuck on. I wasn't really thinking that there was anything underhand going on. I was just curious. Maybe Dave at Mastercraft makes them part way and ADR finishes them off? Sometimes these cue-makers are a little bit secrative about their process. Particularly if the cue is mostly made in China and then finished off in England so it can get a "Made in England" stamp. I bought my cue from Dave at Mastercraft purely on the basis of, at the time, I knew who Dave was and I didn't know who ADR was. There wasn't any difference in the pricing.
      If you want to hurry things along a bit e-mail Dave with your requirements. Not sure if he's working much over the festive period but ADR most certainly is away in France so he won't manage to progress an order. Good luck.

Comment

i think he ADR has some in stock in stranded spec and if the person asks for a bigger tip or something like that then mastercraft makes one to that spec
        i Imagen thats how it works

Comment

thought ADR just refurbished cues he gets in that needs it and sells others on as they are......

Comment

Originally Posted by xander View Post
            i think he ADR has some in stock in stranded spec and if the person asks for a bigger tip or something like that then mastercraft makes one to that spec
            i Imagen thats how it works
            He offered to make me one to my exact specification. Maybe he would just pass the order on to Mastercraft and take a small commission. Bit of a mystery but the end result is you end up with a great cue regardless of which route you take. The thing that would attract me to buying from ADR is that he lives pretty close to me and I could maybe look at what he had before buying. Not sure if he's got a table or not.

Comment

i'm guessing the waiting time will be identical or perhaps even longer going through adr (have to get it posted twice through adr - one to his house, one to mine) unless of course there is one ready made. May as well go through mastercraft then :P

Comment

personally I would recommend dealing direct with Mastercraft, It seems silly not to really. If you contact them and tell them what YOU want they will make a cue personal to you of a top quality. Otherwise you will be buying a cue via a 3rd party, Either already made, so it wont be personal, Or the 3rd party will contact the cuemaker and order 1 to your spec (which you can do).
                In my opinion and experience I would much rather deal direct with the cue maker as it far more a personal touch and there aim is to keep the customer happy..

Comment

Originally Posted by Potmad View Post
                  personally I would recommend dealing direct with Mastercraft, It seems silly not to really. If you contact them and tell them what YOU want they will make a cue personal to you of a top quality. Otherwise you will be buying a cue via a 3rd party, Either already made, so it wont be personal, Or the 3rd party will contact the cuemaker and order 1 to your spec (which you can do).
                  In my opinion and experience I would much rather deal direct with the cue maker as it far more a personal touch and there aim is to keep the customer happy..

Exactly this, go direct, cut out any middle man, not only do things get lost in translation but also if there are any problems then you have to go through the 3rd party who has to pass it onto the manufacturer and this causes more hassle than going direct to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X