trevor whiteee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trevor whiteee?

hey urm im looking for a custom made cue, i dont know who i want one to be made by, everyone says that trevor white is top knotch, but i was talking to one of my friends today and he said that trevor no longer makes cues, this might be daft but i aint got a clue so i thought i would ask. i know he is in this forum inder trevs1 but for some reason i cant pm him or anything, just wondering if anyone knew info about him, and on average how much a custop maple and ebony 1 piece with 1 green venneer and then olivewood to the bottom. hah not too specific.

thhanks alll

You need 10 posts before you can use the pm function. Trevor makes great cues however you have to understand there is a LONG waiting time to get one of his cues.
    Imo your better off atm going for one of the other makers or buying a Trevor White already in your spec.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

your best bet is hoping Bitter, Mike Woolridge or Trev himself sees the thread and they will get to you on how much...

otherwise....

go to thier respecties, or get your 10 posts in and PM totlxtc (dan) and see how much he will charge you for a completely hand made custome cue to your exact specs....

Comment

awh okay thanks, well im really interested in trevor doing it as i, like many others, have heard fantastic things about his work. i dont mind the long waiting list, its going to be a cue for life. im in no rush for a new cue i currently have a dragon cue. but i bought it second hand and liked it at the begining but it has a slight knotch at the end of it coming. and i hear a lot of bad things about dragon cues. i just want one done properly too my specifications by master at his trade which is what i hear about trevor. anyone know the average price of a cue made by him atall, just so i know how much to start saving haha

Comment

and you do know it will tyake about 6 or 7 months to get your cue made by TW.....

im not trying to put you off getting from him as he is pretty much the best cue maker around just so you know how long it will take to get the cue from him judging by previous posts on here etc....

Comment

£350+ boyo.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
              and you do know it will tyake about 6 or 7 months to get your cue made by TW.....

im not trying to put you off getting from him as he is pretty much the best cue maker around just so you know how long it will take to get the cue from him judging by previous posts on here etc....
              yeah i know, i expected longer than that but as i said it is a cue for life. im only 18 now so its going to be with me much longer than 7 months. you ever had a cue by him? ive seen some of the pictures and they just look incredible. some of the work he does is crazy, and then you see some and they are just perfect

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
                £350+ boyo.
                waw thats not too bad is it, theres some really expensive makers like john parris and hunt and osborne and so on, and considering trevor is one of the better, i would have expected it to be more than that

Comment

not got one myself cant afford it!!!! but have seen his work and had a couple of frames using a cue he has made and i want one myself!!!!

but got to stick with my JX cue off ebay for the time being... (yes people knock them but i got a good one and have been offered £150 for it so far in the club!!! - but wont sell it as i like plsaying with it...)

Comment

Originally Posted by welsh_nick View Post
                    waw thats not too bad is it, theres some really expensive makers like john parris and hunt and osborne and so on, and considering trevor is one of the better, i would have expected it to be more than that

JP is a highly over rated maker, he only sells for a mega amount due to the BBc advertising him when they can and his tie in with WSA selling his cues through thier shop in the foyers of events...

if you can afford it go for a H&O cue though... best your money can buy

Comment

not got one myself cant afford it!!!! but have seen his work and had a couple of frames using a cue he has made and i want one myself!!!!

but got to stick with my JX cue off ebay for the time being... (yes people knock them but i got a good one and have been offered £150 for it so far in the club!!! - but wont sell it as i like plsaying with it...)
                      yeah at the end of the day it is down to what you like, i never knock a cue maker about because i know i could never make half the stuff i see out there. and there is always a plus if you play well with it.

JP is a highly over rated maker, he only sells for a mega amount due to the BBc advertising him when they can and his tie in with WSA selling his cues through thier shop in the foyers of events...

if you can afford it go for a H&O cue though... best your money can buy
                      yeah one of my friends has a limited eddition john parris cue and he is always like " its amazing" and so on. to be honest i play with it and it doesnt feel special to me. maybe thats because its not what i would want, its nice and whatever, just theres something about it like.

well i live in neath which is like a 20 minute drive away from bridgend where trevor lives i believe so im more interested in him. plus i think about 450-550 is all i want to spend on a cue and them hunt and osborne dont come in that price bracket for a really nice one,

Comment

Whats your definition of a "a really nice one"? If you mean the fancy designs etc. bear in mind the more work trevor does on it the more it will cost.

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                          Whats your definition of a "a really nice one"? If you mean the fancy designs etc. bear in mind the more work trevor does on it the more it will cost.
                          na im the opposite, i like something like just nice, simple, thats when i said the crazy ones, some of the crazy ones are nice like they are just not what im looking for, if you read my first post it says the kinda cue im looking for

Comment

Ah missed that bit. One more post then you can pm

Comment

haha yeah i know, thanks for helping me on my way haha. anyway im going to bed now its late haha. goodnight, i think ill pm him in the morning now

Comment

Working...
                              X