john parris cue problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john parris cue problem

i recently received my new john parris exclusive cue, iam extremely unhappy with the finish. the grain is lifting in 2 places,i could get a splinter if it lifts anymore. we have tried to talk thru numerous emails but have had no response from john parris. has anybody else had any trouble ?????:

Do show us the shaft pics so that everyone understand what you are talking abt.

JP is usually slow at replying when there is some hicpups with his products.

Comment

Originally Posted by rob View Post
      i recently received my new john parris exclusive cue, iam extremely unhappy with the finish. the grain is lifting in 2 places,i could get a splinter if it lifts anymore. we have tried to talk thru numerous emails but have had no response from john parris. has anybody else had any trouble ?????:
      Yep 6 yrs ago Rob, similar problem. A Parris cue I ordered when in Brisbane arrived with a rubbish shaft and careless finish. Mine had flat spots on the chevrons and was bent in two places, about 3 and 6 inches from the tip. I suspect their turn over is so high that there's no time to season the wood. But if you're a pro that's probably a different story. Keep on at them and call them if necessary. You shouldn't let them get away with it.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

yeah, could you post some pics?

I am considering them too.

merry xmas

Comment

can anyone tell me how to post some pics and i will ?

Comment

Originally Posted by rob View Post
            can anyone tell me how to post some pics and i will ?
            Click on "new reply" - scroll down and click on "manage attachments" - a new window appears - click browse and then put in your picture. Click upload and close box once done. Then submit reply..
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Another glowing report for parris cues !!!!!!!! Not !!!!! Unless you are in the top 16 players in the world , i wouldnt buy from him , infact i wouldnt buy from him ever !!!!!!!! Any of the following trevor white,wooldridge,stamford,osbourne,hunt, but not jp ,,, if you are outside the top 16 it,s probably made by a chineese schoolboy(possibly). That is why there are so many horror stories about parris cues ,,

Comment

The decline

Does anyone know when the decline in the standard of Parris cues began?

My own experiences, although long ago, have been good. I have always considered John himself, to be a master craftsman.

Comment

I heard some of JP cues are made from Thailand in recent years, not quite sure if it is true or not???

Comment

Hmm

on the Parris website it claims all Parris cues are made in their London workshop

Comment

Of course JP claims all Parris cues are made in their London workshop, this way the cues can be sold in higher price. I bought a JP Supreme cue 4 months ago, the quality is worse than a Chinese made cue, no balance, no feel...

I forgot to mention that JP old cues are very good.
                      Last edited by ferret; 26 December 2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Indeed

My jp ultimate is 14ish years old and is a wonderful piece of cue craftsmanship!

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Q
                          I forgot to mention that JP old cues are very good.
                          i agree with that, i have a 15 year old parris ambassador that is the best parris i have ever seen , but they are not like that any more

Comment

indeed

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                            i agree with that, i have a 15 year old parris ambassador that is the best parris i have ever seen , but they are not like that any more
                            i could not agree more!

Comment

Sorry to hear all the horror stories about J.P. But i cant say that i am not surprised ! I bought a jp elite cue about 10 years ago and it was a superb cue in every way.My mate bought a jp traditional about a month ago and i can honestly say it looked cheap and nasty and it felt dead....John has made his money years ago.All his cues are just mass produced crap now...unless you are a big name pro then john himself might just might make you a cue..but even this is very doubtfull...
                              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Working...
                              X