New Hunt & O'byrne Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hunt & O'byrne Website?

Did Hunt leave Robert alone? And go back to O'byrne? or.......?
    http://www.huntcues.com/
    "要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
    it means
    "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

I don't know whether it's just me but this website no longer works for me:

http://www.robertosbornecues.com/
    It's not the pace of life that concerns me... It's whether I make a 147 break before it ends!
    Quote © to Craftman Cues.

Comment

oh I can't enter the site too, anyone know what's going on?

Comment

Hi there,
        I did get into it. It seems not completed yet, only show me the couple pictures and some general information. Even the order information is not available.
        Regards!

Comment

Don't think it has anything to do with Hunt at all, if you look at the contact us section it has the same address as the guy who is the distributor for Paris (with one R) cueshttp://www.pariscues.com/index.php?module=ApplicationFormApp&nav_id=5 Probably has bought the name Hunt and OB and then used chinese cues for supply.

Comment

Ye well spotted, agree he must have done a deal for the rights on the brand name . Wonder how much these cues will cost, I daresay similar to parris custom made, the site is naff so far though. One thing's for sure, the only thing they'll have in common with the old H&O'B is the name

Comment

Will Hunt splited with Robert Osborne??? Does any members live in UK have more information about Hunt & Osborne? I'm planning to buy a black plated cue from them, but I start worry now...

Comment

Hunt & Osborne
                124 Himley Rd
                Tooting
                London
                SW17 9AQ

Tel: 02087679944
                www.huntandosborne.com
                I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Robert and Will

I was getting my cue re-tipped last month and spoke to both Robert and Will.

Still togther then . Not sure what is happening with the web site though.

But Mike Wooldridge web site being updated...so they could be upgrading theirs.
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hmm

Does anyone know what Dave O'Byrne is doing these days?

Comment

Originally Posted by ebonynivory View Post
                      Don't think it has anything to do with Hunt at all, if you look at the contact us section it has the same address as the guy who is the distributor for Paris (with one R) cueshttp://www.pariscues.com/index.php?module=ApplicationFormApp&nav_id=5 Probably has bought the name Hunt and OB and then used chinese cues for supply.
                      Nice catch!

I dunno what's up really, is it a coincidence that both sites of theirs hold similar names to top brand cue British cue makers?

Long time ago I was surfing the web viewing cues when I came across pariscues (with 1 R) and I sent him an email, do you replicate Parriscues or whats the story really? This was his response, copied and pasted litterally from my email:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for asking, my father who was snooker player all his life, set up the company 'Paris Billiards Accessories Co., Ltd' in 1968, John Parris was nowhere near in this industry. He only came into the business in late 80's.

Regards, Gidget Turner, Managing Director @pariscue, uk
                      It's not the pace of life that concerns me... It's whether I make a 147 break before it ends!
                      Quote © to Craftman Cues.

Comment

Bandwith exceeded

When I go to the website it simply says bandwith exceeded. I'm guessing that they have just had so many hits this month/qtr that they have gone over their service providers limits. No big deal apart from being a bad business Bo-Bo.

Comment

as usual...

"要有非凡既生活就要有非凡既付出"
                          it means
                          "If u want to have a extraordinary life,u must have a extraordinary devote"

Comment

How do they get round that?

Trading standards officers must know REAL John Parris cues are London as are Hunt & O'Byrne.

Crazy.

Comment

Originally Posted by ashy30 View Post
                              How do they get round that?

Trading standards officers must know REAL John Parris cues are London as are Hunt & O'Byrne.

Crazy.
                              Don't think they can be touched to be honest because they are not trading as "John Parris" they are trading as Paris Cues and they are banking on people getting confused with the two brands and purchase their products instead. Hunt and OB no longer exists so they are trading on an old name. in a way it is the same as Barracuda cues, no longer made by the original firm, but the name has been bought and products traded under that name.

Its up to the buyer to use a little bit of sense before they part with their money really.

Comment

Working...
                              X