Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Hi Bob,
    I received your email and I have replied it.
    Thank you.
    Do you have any pictures of your little workshop... (As apposed to the cues ) Its always interesting to see the setup behind it all too.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

There really isn't much to see, as almost everything is done by hand. When I get my web site up I may put some pictures there. It is really very basic though. So, dont expect much.
      Thank you for the interest.
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 12 January 2010, 08:31 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

There really isn't much to see, as we do almost everything by hand. When I get my web site up I may put some pictures there. It is really very basic though. So, dont expect much.
        Doesn't have to be particularly high tech... I find things designed/made in sheds are the best around... Its an Engish tradition
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
          Doesn't have to be particularly high tech... I find things designed/made in sheds are the best around... Its an Engish tradition
          LOL, "shed" is a more accurate word than you know.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Nice cue ChatLag!

A total beauty that one and looks very well crafted.

...envy...envy...envy...

Comment

Merci...

And on top of that it plays really well...
              I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                Merci...

And on top of that it plays really well...
                Thank you. It has been a real pleasure.
                I am not used to seeing your new avatar. Does it have some special meaning, if you dont mind me asking?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi there, just see your collection and the cue you made for one of the members (chatlag)
                  I like your work and I am interested to have more details.
                  Cheers

Comment

Thank you. It has been a real pleasure.
                    I am not used to seeing your new avatar. Does it have some special meaning, if you dont mind me asking?
                    I thought it was time for another one. I first chose a picture of Gaston Lagaffe, one of my favourite cartoon characters.
                    My son told me I am to old for it and I am no way looking like him...
                    He said as I produce machines I should choose something related to that and so I took the cog wheel. But I am not completely happy with it....
                    And my son learns the meaning of the word "disinherit"...

Comment

Hi ChatLag, how about your nue cue .. how you fell and with what cue you play before !
                      I am been playing with O"Min's cue for more 10 years but where I leave now we can play for 10 bucks cue and they are just amazing perfect. Best C

Comment

Originally Posted by Cohiba-3 View Post
                        Hi ChatLag, how about your nue cue .. how you fell and with what cue you play before !
                        I am been playing with O"Min's cue for more 10 years but where I leave now we can play for 10 bucks cue and they are just amazing perfect. Best C
                        Hi,
                        I think the first post here explains it all.
                        I change cue quite often and play also a Mike Wooldridge CC01 and some others sometimes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cohiba-3 View Post
                          Hi there, just see your collection and the cue you made for one of the members (chatlag)
                          I like your work and I am interested to have more details.
                          Cheers
                          Hi,
                          You may email me at auroracues at aol.com.
                          Thank you.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your helpful reply about the 360 Cue Trainer. I really appreciate your detailed discussion of its merits. I shall have my own 360 soon (too bad the shipping is so expensive – perhaps because the 360 is only available as a one-piece, and the package is 60" long!:-(

Regarding your visit to the Terry Griffith Matchroom in Llanelli and to Nic Barrow in Milton Keynes, was it time and money well spent? I'm thinking of doing the same... I have most of Nic's stuff (DVDs, Training Manuals, etc.), and I have family in Ferndale, about 40 miles from Llanelli. Where did you stay when you visited Nic Barrow, and would you recommend it?

One reason for my trip (apart from the holiday) is I would like to become a certified snooker coach. Our club and others to which I belong (in Victoria on Vancouver Island), have asked if I would set up a snooker coaching program.

Have you checked out the Cuefactor handicapping system? What do you think of it? Do you have a Cuefactor handicap? Mine is in the mid-sixties (Blue Band), so I still have plenty of room to develop my game!

Best regards,
                            Dennett Netterville

Comment

Dennett:

Well, first of all I guess you should know that my getting certified as a Senior Coach with Terry Griffiths and a Master Coach and Examiner with Nic was a 2-step process. I went over in September, 2008 to get certified with Nic as a Master Coach as I've been coaching for years and was certified in the 80's as a B&SCC (now defunct) coach.

This second trip this past January I was certified at the Matchroom as a Senior Coach since I was already an IBSF Master Coach and then went to Nic to get my Examiner's certification under the IBSF umbrella.

The total cost for the 2 trips worked out to over $8,000 or around $4,000 including airfare, cost of training plus expenses. However, it was well worth it and if I can afford it I will be going back for a third trip to get certified at Del Hill's Snookerfarm plus if I can arrange it perhaps the WSA certification.

The Examiner's certification allows me to certify Coaches and Master Coaches under the IBSF system worldwide, however the Matchroom does not license out the ability to certify coaches under their system.

I feel all the training was well worth it, but it's not easy as you will work 10hrs a day plus initially you may be able to only get your coaching certificate from both of them, rather than Master/Senior Coach. Both Terry and Nic prefer their Master Coaches to have been coaching for awhile to gather the experience required since the training is rigorous.

Nic has a B&B just around the corner from the training facility he uses which is not posh but is suitable for 20quid on weekends and 25quid on weekdays. It's very handy and not too expensive.

For Llanelli, you would definitely have to rent a car and also find a parking spot near Terry's club, which can be a pain. I didn't rent a car for either location and took a B&B near the Matchroom.

I've not investigated the Cuefactor system as I'm opposed in general to using a handicapped system since my experience has been it tends to stifle improvement since a lot of players prefer to rely on their handicaps and aren't interested in improving or at least putting in the solo time on a table to work on improving their skills.

Just so you know (and I can't offer the British vacation experience) I am qualified to certify coaches and master coaches and I'm open to doing it either at my facility here in Ontario or else traveling to BC to do it out there at a club. The training is not cheap plus I would need my expenses covered, however it would be the less expensive route to travel if you could get 4 or 5 other individuals interested in getting certified as IBSF Coaches.

The rates for training are posted on TheSnookerGym.com and the training would take 5-7 days for coach and depending on the ability(s) of the students.

Terry
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I've just received my 1-pc aurora... I haven't played with it yet, but the build quality is absolutely top top quality!!

54.5"
                                10mm tip
                                dark-rosewood butt.

Guess its near enough identical to hotpot's! It does feel quite stiff, so I'll see how that goes.

Wasn't really expecting that much, but the craftsmanship is very good. The badge is fine on it. Also, it fits in my current soft case with only about 4" poking out of the top, and it's lovely and sunny tonight.

Will report back later but I've got a feeling I'm going to get to like this cue. Pro-granite tip so that will take some getting used to.

Airin, quality job. Many Thanks. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X