X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow - short cue !

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
      I've just received my 1-pc aurora... I haven't played with it yet, but the build quality is absolutely top top quality!!

54.5"
      10mm tip
      dark-rosewood butt.

Guess its near enough identical to hotpot's! It does feel quite stiff, so I'll see how that goes.

Wasn't really expecting that much, but the craftsmanship is very good. The badge is fine on it. Also, it fits in my current soft case with only about 4" poking out of the top, and it's lovely and sunny tonight.

Will report back later but I've got a feeling I'm going to get to like this cue. Pro-granite tip so that will take some getting used to.

Airin, quality job. Many Thanks. :snooker:
      Glad you like it Dan , yes i think you have got the brother of mine .

Like you said Airins cues are top notch , and feel so comfortable in your hand as if you,ve had them a while , well mine does .

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
        I've just received my 1-pc aurora... I haven't played with it yet, but the build quality is absolutely top top quality!!

54.5"
        10mm tip
        dark-rosewood butt.

Guess its near enough identical to hotpot's! It does feel quite stiff, so I'll see how that goes.

Wasn't really expecting that much, but the craftsmanship is very good. The badge is fine on it. Also, it fits in my current soft case with only about 4" poking out of the top, and it's lovely and sunny tonight.

Will report back later but I've got a feeling I'm going to get to like this cue. Pro-granite tip so that will take some getting used to.

Airin, quality job. Many Thanks. :snooker:
        Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for your kind words.
        Really appreciate your taking an interest in my work.
        It has been a real pleasure.

Enjoy your new cue.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Just want to add that Dan has been a top bloke to deal with. I know there are lots of great cue makers in the UK--so I consider it an honor that you would get me to build you a cue from Canada. I really appreciate your compliment on the quality of your new cue.
          Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything else in the future.
          Thank you.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Thanks Airin. I'd say the build quality is more than comparable with some of the top makers over here. I played a few games of pool last night and it didn't feel like I was playing with a new cue - It's probably that the length and weight are much more suited to me. Still will take a bit of time working out positional side and wearing in that tip. I've got the tricky task now of finding a light 55" case.

If only I had the chance for some decent practise this week!

Comment

very nice, i want it too:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by ivanko View Post
                very nice, i want it too:snooker:
                Thank you. Welcome to the forum.

There are lots of great cue makers on this forum.

You are more than welcome to join me on my facebook if you like:-).

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000669985179
                Last edited by poolqjunkie; 10 May 2010, 08:28 PM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I am in Victoria and am looking for a coach.
                  I can be reached at.........bringle1@shaw.ca
                  My name is BB Burns
                  Thanx

Comment

BB:

Although you're a bit off topic on this string as it's about Aurora Cues I would like to let you know if you can't find a local coach in Victoria (nothing beats one-on-one coaching) I can do remote coaching with you as long as you can video yourself and put the video up on youtube or else send me a DVD via snail mail.

My email is - terrydavidson (at) hsfx (dot) ca - and as I'm now retired I am available almost any time. I am a certified IBSF Master Coach and also Terry Griffiths Matchroom Senior Coach and have been coaching for a number of years, both in Canada and the UK.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by BBinCANADA View Post
                      I am in Victoria and am looking for a coach.
                      I can be reached at.........bringle1@shaw.ca
                      My name is BB Burns
                      Thanx
                      Hello BB,

The Snooker Forum notified me that you are looking for a snooker coach here in Victoria. I see also that Terry Davidson has replied to you. If you are keen enough on the game to travel to Ontario for snooker coaching, you can’t do better than Terry for your coach. He is the most skilled, knowledgeable and well-trained snooker coach teaching in Canada today. Nic Barrow, founder of the Snooker Gym in England, tells me that Terry is one of only five people in the world certified by the International Billiards & Snooker Federation and the Snooker Gym to train other snooker coaches.

As a student of snooker myself for more than 40 years, in August I am signed up to take the IBSF Master Snooker Coach course taught by Terry and Nic through the Snooker Gym, with the final examination to be at Milton Keynes in England. I expect the Snooker Coach training will also help my own game... in mid-September I am representing Victoria in the Snooker Division of the 2010 BC Senior Games.

If you are still looking for a snooker coach after August, I should by then have the formal training needed to provide a proper structured approach to teaching the game to students here on Vancouver Island. This is a more effective way to deliver snooker training than is possible with the “ad hoc” method normally used by someone who, although personally skilled in the game, has not been trained to teach it.

What level of ability have you already developed in snooker? What is your best-ever break? How long have you been playing, where do you play now, and do you play regularly against players better than you? What do you want to achieve in your game, and what would you hope to learn from your coaching sessions?

With best regards,

Dennett Netterville, Ph.D., P.Eng. (ret’d)
                      Victoria, BC

Comment

hi auroracues, i've send you a email regarding ordering questions, charles from china.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          Thank you very much for your compliment. It has been a great delight to build you a cue. I am so happy you beat your opponent 3-0 with it first time you use it.
                          Thank you very much for taking the time to take the pictures and post your detailed feedback.
                          Have a Happy New Year.
                          Hi. I am from South Africa and would really like to get some pricing on these cues. They look fantastic.

Comment

Originally Posted by neilvanniekerk View Post
                            Hi. I am from South Africa and would really like to get some pricing on these cues. They look fantastic.
                            Thank you.
                            My email is auroracues at aol dot com.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

are you taking orders again Airin??

Comment

Working...
                              X