Collection of UncleThai cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of UncleThai cue

From the threads, it seems like lots of people here have a cue customized from the very quiet & private unclethai.

Maybe those who owns a UT cue may like to showcase their cue n share their thougths on his craftsmanship & finish.

im hoping to get mine within 2 weeks placed order n paid for 2 cues in early december. cant wait i will write full review (with my limited knowledge of good cues) and post HEAPS of pics when i get it! =]

Comment

Bro WillyTan, i do agree with you. I also urges more and more people share their unclethai cues. I personally also wanted to admire how nice is their cues. Pls share.

Comment

Originally Posted by GabrielOng View Post
        Bro WillyTan, i do agree with you. I also urges more and more people share their unclethai cues. I personally also wanted to admire how nice is their cues. Pls share.
        I do know as well that many forum members have ordered a Ut cue.

I ordered two and I picked them up in October 25 last year from Unclevit in Bangkok.

I also visited Mastercue and Omin that while I was there and I will say this. Both the cues that I had made by UT were so much better than any of the rack cues that were on display at both Omin and Mastercue. And I spent hours trying cues at Omin and Mastercue. I did buy two Omin machine made cues as well as they were well priced and I intended them for 8 ball use. I have sold one and kept one as it plays very well.

I have not had better cues in all the time I have played and I have played with a parris ambassador for the last five years. I am now ordering a new maple for this year. Will pick it up sometime in May when I go off there again.

To sum up the two cues

12 splice 18 ounces and 59 inches length 9.5 mm diameter tip 30 mm butt

5 splice 20 ounces and 59 inches length 10 mm diameter tip 30 mm butt. Both 17 inch balance point with 16 inch ¾ butt. Exactly as I asked for.

On a scale from 0-10
        I rate the cue as follows

Woods used -10.
        The shaft has to be the best I have ever played with. Ash, not too stiff has immaculate feel when playing.

Choice of woods -6
        limited array of woods for splicework. All local Thai woods used. Still can’t complain with woods used for my splices. Also its difficult asking for 10 arrows on an ash shaft etc, but I am more than happy with the quality of shaft used even if the arrows are not the prettiest.

Splicework- 8
        Not Trevor white splice work but still very good as the splices are all even and look very nice. If I had more veneers on mine I would rate it higher

Build quality - 9
        Got what I asked for to the last detail. My only gripe is that I do not have a recognised badge just a plain one. I see now that this has been sorted out.

Balance and playability – 9

I don’t play much as I am at work most days and even on weekends. I don’t get much practise time. That being said when I did get in time to practice its amazing how much of a difference these two cues have made to my game. I have broken 50 consistently which is something I have achieved twice in 20 years of playing. My hihest is now 67. I know many would not be awed but remember I play when I get a chance and that is not often. Work first and all that lot. Hopefully this will put the two cues playability into perspective. A snooker league player who used these two cues for a day made 6 hundred breaks, one total clearance even if it was just in practice, with the highest being 132.

Value for money – 15
        There just is no competition really. What you are getting is so far ahead of anything in its price range, there’s really no comparison. These cues can match up to any other cues. As I have said earlier it’s the best cue I have had. I have played with a Parris and a TW. The TW was a hell of a good cue as well but I have only played with it for less than a month as it was not mine. Handmade, with good turnaround time and delivery. Omin and mastercues are 30% more in price and although good cues, they were inferior to The UT cues I had. I do remember late last year sometime in October unclevit was offering a classic model for just 130 dollars here on TSF. That may have changed now. But I would not expect by too much.

Would I recommend someone else to Buy them. Hell yes.

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
          From the threads, it seems like lots of people here have a cue customized from the very quiet & private unclethai.

Maybe those who owns a UT cue may like to showcase their cue n share their thougths on his craftsmanship & finish.
          Auww....man....I think you talked about me. Well, I kept my order in low profile because it is not time to celebrate it yet...
          My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
            Auww....man....I think you talked about me. Well, I kept my order in low profile because it is not time to celebrate it yet...
            I haven't stop celebrating
            since I got them

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
              I haven't stop celebrating
              since I got them
              Will get mine by this month. Still want to keep myself stay cool for now...
              My cueing sucks

Comment

Why shld i start a thread bcos u ordered a UT cue?
                Since unclevit started taking order for UT cue in July, i have seen n heard countless people from the globe talking or showcasing their UT cue.

Althought UT cue cant be compared with TW, MW OR RC, he is in a class of his own.

Comment

This is another one of my uncle thai cue.
                  There will be another one in maple coming within the next 2 weeks.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by willytan; 6 January 2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

It's really nice to have a maple cues. I already addicted by the maple cue smoothness all the time when i'm using it. Nice. Bro Willy,if i'm not mistaken, you did shown 2 pcs of O'min 1pc cues before, right ?

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
                      Why shld i start a thread bcos u ordered a UT cue?
                      Since unclevit started taking order for UT cue in July, i have seen n heard countless people from the globe talking or showcasing their UT cue.

Althought UT cue cant be compared with TW, MW OR RC, he is in a class of his own.
                      You should and you did... peace...
                      My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by GabrielOng View Post
                        UT cues may not be nice comparing to other names. Just cheap (we live in a low-cost-of-living here in Thailand) and play well
                        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                          UT cues may not be nice comparing to other names. Just cheap (we live in a low-cost-of-living here in Thailand) and play well
                          You told me UT is guru for most of Omin cuemakers right? UT cues should be the same quality as Omin (or even better) then...
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

You told me UT is guru for most of Omin cuemakers right? UT cues should be the same quality as Omin (or even better) then...
                            UT wants to keep himself low profile. By the way, don't know if Ken Doherty still keeps his cue or not. UT was commissioned by our National Snooker Association to do one cue as gift to KD many years ago. Heard this story from local talks sometimes ago
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                              UT wants to keep himself low profile. By the way, don't know if Ken Doherty still keeps his cue or not. UT was commissioned by our National Snooker Association to do one cue as gift to KD many years ago. Heard this story from local talks sometimes ago
                              That is a good story anyway. Yes UT is low profile. It doesn't matter as long he can make cue as good as Omin, that's fne for me.
                              My cueing sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X