One peice or 3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One peice or 3/4

I've always used to played with a one piece until I bought a H & O back in the day. I could not play with it at all. I am playing with a JP 3/4 at the moment and playing ok but am toying with the idea of going back to a one piece.
    There was a post just put up stating what pros are playing with, one piece or 3/4. I was surprised to see many of the top pros seem to be using or have return to the one piece. Is this correct? If so are we seeing a return to the traditional one piece cue? If so why (are they deem to play better)?
    Thoughts, please:snooker:
    Want to add one more thing, Do 3/4 sale better than one a peice
    Last edited by cazmac1; 9 January 2010, 08:10 PM.

I like many others have played with all types 1 piece 2 piece and 3/4 , each cue has its own individual characteristics and plays differently which ever type it is . I personally tend to go with a one piece , saying that the best cue i,ve ever had was a two piece Alex Higgins cue with a wooden thread white joint which only cost £25 . Never found another that plays so well .
    A good un is a good un as they say whatevever type it is .

As for the pros i think they most of them stick to the cue they,ve alwalys had and only tend to change them when their form or confidence is suffering like Williams and Higgins have done recently.I would imagine the 3/4 cue outsells the 1 piece bye a fair margin main because they are easier to carry around .
    Last edited by hotpot; 9 January 2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

You're probably right in saying more 3/4 cues are sold, but value wise there's nothing between them. You tend to see them fetching similar prices second hand, for same value cues obviously

Comment

One of the main advantages of using a 1 piece is that there are no alignment issues and joint problems as there is no joint from top to bottom.[except the joint at the butt end].
        My deep screw shot
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

From my experience, the 3/4 cues will play the same with 1 piece. One piece won't be easy if you need to do new balancing later on. If the joint of 3/4 cue fits well and tight, then there should be no problem. 3/4 cue's make transportation either by car or public transport easier, while 1 piece cue needs more space and a bit too difficult to go by the tubes
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Working...
          X