Welsh Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It was a bargain and I just happen to have a couple of images of it when made.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...l/000_5436.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...l/000_5437.jpg
    Is that really it???? If I knew it was that one I'd have bought it
    I thought from the terrible picture it just had one facing splice (why try and make money on things with such poor pictures???)
    The description didn't say different!!! " BLACK EBANY BUTT WITH RED ROSE WOOD IN IT" Hardly a genius description

Oh and Paul, Why is your site dead? If it wasn't I might have realised it was that one and bought it

I think through this strange set of circumstances, bad pictures, bad description, not including case in pictures, you've really got a bargain!
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Think you might of got sniped last minute any how:.

But looks great thanks for the pics bitter

Comment

When made the cue was 57 long with four splices of Purple Heart
        Shaft's Ok from memory airlock joints in base and 3/4.

£65 inc delivery is a bargain and as stated bad pictures and end time plus description.

Website is down as I am slowly winding things down mate....

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
          Can I just say ebay "snipers" really annoy me!!!!
          There is no point!!!!!

There is a very good point to using a snipe. i have had some real good bargains from the good old sniper...

Plus it saves people bidding to find out your max bid. i much to prefer to use a snipe on an auction. they work a treat.

Especially if i'm not going to be around to bid and the auction finishes at silly times, i find i defo have won lots of stuff cheaper and easier with snipe than doing it myself.

I love a good old snipe sometimes...

I dont use it all the time tho.

Comment

£65 inc delivery is a bargain and as stated bad pictures and end time plus description.

Is wpt gonna be no more.....

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              There is a very good point to using a snipe. i have had some real good bargains from the good old sniper...

Plus it saves people bidding to find out your max bid. i much to prefer to use a snipe on an auction. they work a treat.

Especially if i'm not going to be around to bid and the auction finishes at silly times, i find i defo have won lots of stuff cheaper and easier with snipe than doing it myself.

I love a good old snipe sometimes...

I dont use it all the time tho.
              Take this one for instance... If youd bid 70 with 3 days left... You still would have won it! Sniping just opened you up to the possibility of missing out, as has been proven here! And having a bid on it would put people off bidding for it.

And I forgot the stupid end time added to the list of problems with the auction

Comment

No more WPT?

Comment

Take this one for instance... If youd bid 70 with 3 days left... You still would have won it! Sniping just opened you up to the possibility of missing out, as has been proven here! And having a bid on it would put people off bidding for it.

And I forgot the stupid end time added to the list of problems with the auction
                  I like it anyway, and your wrong but i wont go into it, cant be bothered and i'm going for a game of snooker in a bit so i don't care,,,..:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                    I like it anyway, and your wrong but i wont go into it, cant be bothered and i'm going for a game of snooker in a bit so i don't care,,,..:snooker:

Unless its a chinese cue where I swear you get them bidding them up themserlves (they all go to around 26 pounds every time) I don't see the point

I could go try out my cue from JRC750 on ebay But I can't get to the club in this weather without risking personal injury

Comment

Oh and JRC talking of ebay bargains.... I assume your name is the same on ebay as it is here? If it is I have a Butters cue here that a friend bought for me
                      Yeah it was me who got robbed
                      Didnt know if it was a surprise for you or not (buyers address diff to your delivery address) otherwise would have sent you a message, hope you think its ok (bearing in mind the price of course) just too light for me otherwise would of kept it

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Yeah it was me who got robbed
                        Didnt know if it was a surprise for you or not (buyers address diff to your delivery address) otherwise would have sent you a message, hope you think its ok (bearing in mind the price of course) just too light for me otherwise would of kept it
                        I knew she was buying it. I wanted to try something lighter and it was about the right length so I thought I'd give it a go, I was actually watching it at the end thinking, here comes a higher bid, I'm not winning this, Oh well guess I won't win it... Then I was quite surprised when no one bid.
                        It looks quite good actually, the splicings a bit dodgy on even-ness and the shafts a bit crazy grained but it still has to be a bargain Just need to get down the club and try it, just holding it I quite like the weight but how it hits the ball I'll find out at some point

Comment

No more WPT?
                          Hope thats not true - BUT if it is - mine, yours & everyone elses may become collectors items (lovely cue mine anyway so aint planning on selling it)

Comment

I knew she was buying it. I wanted to try something lighter and it was about the right length so I thought I'd give it a go, I was actually watching it at the end thinking, here comes a higher bid, I'm not winning this, Oh well guess I won't win it... Then I was quite surprised when no one bid.
                            It looks quite good actually, the splicings a bit dodgy on even-ness and the shafts a bit crazy grained but it still has to be a bargain Just need to get down the club and try it, just holding it I quite like the weight but how it hits the ball I'll find out at some point
                            I had plenty of interest from overseas but then they didnt bother putting bids in if price had gone over a ton i would maybe have been a bit embarassed because of the "splicings a bit dodgy on even ness" as you put it

Comment

Didn't know how to put it lol
                              Its strange they are fairly even on top but not at the base, I thought it was either both even or the top and bottom would be out by the same ammount? I can't imagine how you would get the smaller splice to go lower down than the larger splice (where the two fingers meet in a point)
                              But it'll do for my experimentations for sure

Comment

Hope that is your choice and not being forced into it for any reason. Have you got any mini butts / extentions going cheap ?? dont usually bother because ime quite tall - but at the right price .....

Comment

Working...
                                X