Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie looking for a new cue. Advice please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie looking for a new cue. Advice please...

Hello,

I'm looking to possibly buy a budget cue for around £30 (ish), I currently own a Riley's cue that I enjoyed using a lot, and then a BCE ("Ronnie O'sullivan" model) that I picked up from a car boot sale (missing the head/tip).

The Riley cue is VERY bent, and I don't think a very good one. So I'm probably going to leave it at that.

The BCE cue is very slightly bent, close to unnoticeable.

If I'm honest, past common sense, I don't know what a "good" cue is. All I know is that my comfortable length is 57" (closer to 57.5").

Would it be better to buy a new cue, or spend the money on the BCE?

If I'm going for a new cue, or a second hand one (probably money better spent), what should I be looking at? Certain makes/models?

Any help is welcome and appreciated,

Thanks very much,

Alex

Originally Posted by mj23lj View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking to possibly buy a budget cue for around £30 (ish), I currently own a Riley's cue that I enjoyed using a lot, and then a BCE ("Ronnie O'sullivan" model) that I picked up from a car boot sale (missing the head/tip).

The Riley cue is VERY bent, and I don't think a very good one. So I'm probably going to leave it at that.

The BCE cue is very slightly bent, close to unnoticeable.

If I'm honest, past common sense, I don't know what a "good" cue is. All I know is that my comfortable length is 57" (closer to 57.5").

Would it be better to buy a new cue, or spend the money on the BCE?

If I'm going for a new cue, or a second hand one (probably money better spent), what should I be looking at? Certain makes/models?

Any help is welcome and appreciated,

Thanks very much,

Alex
    all depends of budget

Comment

Around £30.

(Just to add, if there are any half decent cues on amazon, I have a voucher I'd like to use)

Comment

Look for a second hand old one on flea bay.

Don't get a new Riley or BCE they are tat.

Comment

Steal a decent club rack cue, slap a good tip on, bobs your uncle
          Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

How are you testing if the cue is bent ? Don't roll it on a table, look down the cue to see if it's really bent.

Oh and yeah I agree with everybody else, don't spend £30 on another Riley/BCE cue, save up another £20 or so and get a secondhand Craftsman/ Mastercraft, or a lower end new Craftsman.

Comment

I'm testing by looking down the cue (noticed initially by rolling it).

So Craftsman and Mastercraft are 2 makes to look out for, any others?

Thanks for all the help so far...

Comment

Originally Posted by mj23lj View Post
                I'm testing by looking down the cue (noticed initially by rolling it).

So Craftsman and Mastercraft are 2 makes to look out for, any others?

Thanks for all the help so far...
                with a budget of 30, you're probably going to struggle with other "budget" cue makes. Welsh pool is another but their cues start from 125. Even mastercraft start at 120. Craftsman however start at 50 or 60

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
                  with a budget of 30, you're probably going to struggle with other "budget" cue makes. Welsh pool is another but their cues start from 125. Even mastercraft start at 120. Craftsman however start at 50 or 60
                  For a 120 + pounds budget you could get a good cue.

That may be more feasible if you intend to stick with playing the game for any great lenght of time.

Comment

Pm me.. I might be able to help you.

Comment

Freddie NG - I am not able to PM you and every time I try to get to your personal profile I receive a message saying I don't have permission to do so. Would you mind emailing me: mj23lj@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Alex

Comment

Already send to your mail..

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                          Pm me.. I might be able to help you.
                          Surely the P&P from malaysia will eat right into his budget of 30?

Comment

Well.. Cues price have gone up for the last few years, to get a moderate cue I think is far more than 30..
                            He have to look else where to get a moderate and budget cue.

Can look for Willytan or Unclevit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                              Well.. Cues price have gone up for the last few years, to get a moderate cue I think is far more than 30..
                              He have to look else where to get a moderate and budget cue.

Can look for Willytan or Unclevit.
                              I agree that to get a good cue will cost a bit more than 30 but if mj were to get a cue from you, willytan, or unclevit, the cost of P&P would eat right into his ideal budget of 30. He would be better off buying in the uk

Comment

Working...
                              X