X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Care

Hey people - Sorry if this cue has been asked several time before

I played a lot of cues diff weights ect.. tip size

and i always came back to my 1 piece Cue Craft (Not sure of the model) had about 2 years - Always was a reliable stick for me.. used to win 66-69% of pool league matches with it!

However since i have been using it more with playing snooker and pool - it doesnt feel the same - the weight and length is fine

The best way to describe it as its lost some of its smoothness... as it usually glides lovely

Some recommened cleaning it and then soak it in linseed oil and it my need some TLC - Others suggested a light sanding and then soak it in linseed oil!

However this cues has always served me and it i 'mess about' with it and ruin it il be gutted!

Any advice i was thinking of giving it a good wipe with a nearly dry cloth then drying it and treating it to a little linseed oil..... Any one does something similar before?

Thanks a1

If you want some tips on oiling the cue see this post
    http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...01&postcount=3
    Obvoiously ignore the sanding steps as it was originally written for a varnished cue.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

That info is good but I would advise caution before starting to muck about with your finish.

Once people start sanding and oiling etc they seem to be mucking around with it a lot. My mate scratched mine near the ferrule and once I started I've not been as happy since really.

Have you tried giving it a clean?
      Just a damp and a dry cloth.
      Wipe down with damp, then buff with dry straight away.

If that no good then move on to other measures.

Comment

Originally Posted by a1bo View Post
        Hey people - Sorry if this cue has been asked several time before

I played a lot of cues diff weights ect.. tip size

and i always came back to my 1 piece Cue Craft (Not sure of the model) had about 2 years - Always was a reliable stick for me.. used to win 66-69% of pool league matches with it!

However since i have been using it more with playing snooker and pool - it doesnt feel the same - the weight and length is fine

The best way to describe it as its lost some of its smoothness... as it usually glides lovely

Some recommened cleaning it and then soak it in linseed oil and it my need some TLC - Others suggested a light sanding and then soak it in linseed oil!

However this cues has always served me and it i 'mess about' with it and ruin it il be gutted!

Any advice i was thinking of giving it a good wipe with a nearly dry cloth then drying it and treating it to a little linseed oil..... Any one does something similar before?

Thanks a1
        Try those Q-smooth papers available from Ukpool.com for about £6 a pack. They are micro fine abrasive papers won't do any damage at all and your cue will feel like new

Comment

I got some 2500 grade wet and dry off ebay and my cue came up a treat, it doesnt take any wood off really made the cue shine and glide lovely.

Comment

Brown paper bag is a good one to remove dirt and to burnish for a smooth finish, you will be surprised at the amount of dirt that is stuck to the bag once finished. Just place in hand, cup it around the cue and then rub as fast as you can, up and down, working small areas at a time, slowly working down the cue you will soon feel the heat of friction and be left with a nice smooth finish.

Comment

I have a scratch on my butt ( no jokes please) what is the best way to get rid of it. Tried sandpaper but stopped in case I made things worse.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                I have a scratch on my butt ( no jokes please) what is the best way to get rid of it. Tried sandpaper but stopped in case I made things worse.
                I'd just leave it if i were you tbh, don't want to make it worse and it isn't harming your cue in any way

Comment

the best is side-sealed facial puffs to apply oil and remove dirt

Comment

Working...
                  X