This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris fake

I recently brought a John Parris cue from Dr.cues via Ebay for my sons 23rd Birthday. Dr cues is also known as Coutts Cues. Once receiving the cue I was simply satisfied to of finally found a worthy present for my son. In previous years his presents have included a car for work, a play station or other boxed goods. I wrapped the present you for my son, and gave it to him. Imagine how upset both of us were when he is told, by his boss who deals in snooker goods, that the cue is a fake. The clue is all in the badge. I am quiet saddened in this recent discovery. I was once recommended Coutts Cues for being an legitimate, worthy, small friendly family run shop with lots to offer. Obviously it's illegitimate and should not be selling fake goods. If they were unsure about the goods, they should of had them checked out first. I'm just wanting to warn you all about buying from ebay.

John Parris fake from Coutts Cues

I recently brought a John Parris cue from Dr.cues via Ebay for my sons 23rd Birthday. Dr cues is also known as Coutts Cues. Once receiving the cue I was simply satisfied to of finally found a worthy present for my son. In previous years his presents have included a car for work, a play station or other boxed goods. I wrapped the present you for my son, and gave it to him. Imagine how upset both of us were when he is told, by his boss who deals in snooker goods, that the cue is a fake. The clue is all in the badge. I am quiet saddened in this recent discovery. I was once recommended Coutts Cues for being an legitimate, worthy, small friendly family run shop with lots to offer. Obviously it's illegitimate and should not be selling fake goods. If they were unsure about the goods, they should of had them checked out first. I'm just wanting to warn you all about buying from ebay.

Comment

That sounds surprising - could you supply the link to the ebay listing so we can have a look please

Comment

Have you got pictures to prove this or e-bay id number? I know of plenty of people who have dealt with Dave and have had no complaints. So your comments come as a bit od a surprise TBH

Comment

As i said on the other post you made - please supply ebay link so we can have a look please
          (Funny how he posts this up then goes offline ????)
          Last edited by jrc750; 15 January 2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

That's a big accusation to make. Dave Coutts is a highly respected cue maker and i very much doubt this Parris is a fake. Please post some pics of the cue with a clear pic of the badge and quite a few people on here can tell you wether on not the cue is fake.

Comment

Yea seems wierd, from what I hear Dave coutts is very professional and wouldn't be passing on dodgy goods. How reliable is the guy that says its a fake?
              Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

And a photo of the cue in question so that the knowledgeable people here could give opinion on whether they believe it to be fake?
                sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I posted in the other thread as you seem to have made two identical threads with different titles, but please supply pictures so that somebody on here can give you an opinion on whether or not it is a fake. I doubt Dave coutts would pass on dodgy goods.

Comment

Dave Coutts is a highly respected cue maker with a very good reputation.
                    I am sure he would be able to spot a fake Parris and I am absolutely convinced that he would not offer a cue he has some doubts about.
                    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

This is starting to look very dodgy to me- the guy comes on, slags Dave Coutts off then logs off without looking at or responding to any of the posts generated.

Comment

drcues??? doesnt sound like daves account to me...

Comment

Without photos. No merit in even wondering about it.

=o(

Noel

Comment

I cannot find any feedback left for a Parris cue in the last 3 months
                            Do you have an item number?

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/coutts-cues__W0QQ_armrsZ1
                            Coutts cues ebay store I believe

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                              I cannot find any feedback left for a Parris cue in the last 3 months
                              Do you have an item number?

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/coutts-cues__W0QQ_armrsZ1
                              Coutts cues ebay store I believe
                              Could this be it ????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330377586739

Not a Parris cue BUT jointed by Parris - with the buyer being Spanish (or at least from Spain) maybe got confused and thought it was a Parris cue
                              (Think i'll become a detective )

Comment

Working...
                              X