Chip in Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip in Cue

Im considering swapping my cue with a friends but whilst playing with it yday i noticed is had a small chip out of it above the black part(haha cant think of the right word)

although it doesnt interfer wish my shot, it may interfer with possible selling of the clue if i decided to change again.

the chip is only 1mm wide and 2mm long i was wondering whether it was
    fixable even if it means taking it to glovers where he got the cue from??

thanks

Originally Posted by kurtweston View Post
    Im considering swapping my cue with a friends but whilst playing with it yday i noticed is had a small chip out of it above the black part(haha cant think of the right word)

although it doesnt interfer wish my shot, it may interfer with possible selling of the clue if i decided to change again.

the chip is only 1mm wide and 2mm long i was wondering whether it was
    fixable even if it means taking it to glovers where he got the cue from??

thanks
    What cue? and by chip do you mean that you can see white underneath the black?

Comment

its a glovers cue no its in the ash mate

Comment

Originally Posted by kurtweston View Post
        its a glovers cue no its in the ash mate
        Ah right, thought you had the dreaded chip which reveals that a cue is painted :P

If it's minimal it probably won't even be noticed

Comment

chip

is it in shaft or in the ebony of cue butt.

Comment

shaft... i was just wondering if they wud just fit it with something ... just dont want to swap my stamford cue if im not gonna beable to get rid of the glover if i want to?

Comment

chip

personally i would send it to a decent cue maker, sometimes they fill the chip/dent, depending on how deep or bad it is. or they might sand it, but i definitely would send it to someone.

just to be safe!!!

Comment

so they can fill it? its too deep to sand but aslong as they can fill it and it looks good on the eye i think im gonna swap?

Comment

i'm sure i've heard of people rubbing marbles on the cue to solve this

Comment

the chip doesnt affect me as it doesnt rub on my chin/isnt in my hand or anything just doesnt look good haha no what i mean?

Comment

i would get in touch with someone first, say mike wooldridge before swapping. explain it to him and i'm sure he can sort it out for you, i wouldn't try sanding it personally. you might make it worse.

it's probably nothing major.

Comment

im from leicester so just tried calling glover cuz its one of his cues but cant get hold of him :/

said id swap for a week see if we both like um if one of us dont just gonna swap back and ill get a pic of it up on here and hopefully get in touch with glover

Comment

I would consider filling it with wood glue and then sand it and wax it.

Comment

worried about messing it up! and glover is quite decently priced my ferrel cracked the whole way through and for 10er he put new ferrell new tip on i thought was quite reasonably priced for a job i couldnt do so think id rather let him do it if he can as better qualified to do it i just dunno what they wud do

Comment

If he's that cheap,i'd take it to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X