Advice on a new cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a new cue.

Hey guys, my name's JRobbins and as you can probably tell i'm new to the forum, and relatively new to snooker. I've been playing snooker for a couple of months now, and am absolutely loving it. I currently have a riley 350 2 piece cuefrom JJB, which i actually thought was ok, then i started reading the forum and realised that riley wasnt exactly thought highly of. So i figured if i want to progress in snooker, and possibly get onto the junior circuit (i am 15 by the way) or maybe the ameteur mens game also, a reasonably good cue would be a good investment.
    I've set my self a budget of £115 for a cue, case and minibutt extension if it does not come included, and am currently looking at the Peradon Edwardian, however cannot find any other cues that fit very well into my budget.
    All help is appreciated, thanks in advance guys!
    JRobbins.
    Been Playing Since: December 2009
    Highest Break: 67
    ALL HAIL THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER.

This was posted earlier by RGCirencester - maybe a possibility - no mini butt tho (and slightly over budget at £130 delivered)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

cheers for that, will keep an eye on it
      do you have any experience of peradon or cue craft cues? cause at the momenth i'm also looking at some of their products.
      JRobbins.

Comment

Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
        cheers for that, will keep an eye on it
        do you have any experience of peradon or cue craft cues? cause at the momenth i'm also looking at some of their products.
        That ones a buy it now - not an auction - so cant watch it too long
        As for other cues you mentioned, ime sure others will be along soon with comments. (Ive had a cue craft "Hercules" but it had a varnished butt which i didnt like)

Comment

Check out these guy's; http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ssic_cues.html
          Most of there cue's come with the mini butt included.

Comment

£30 over budget but a lot for your money and you can choose your specs

https://www.maximumbreak-snooker-sto...e-Package.html

Or speak to ADR147 on here - he may have something he can offer you nearer your budget.
            Nobody was faster

Comment

Originally Posted by Stan1967 View Post
              £30 over budget but a lot for your money and you can choose your specs

https://www.maximumbreak-snooker-sto...e-Package.html

Or speak to ADR147 on here - he may have something he can offer you nearer your budget.
              I'd recommend this, i'm currently getting one through maximumbreak and neil (maximumbreak on TSF) is extremely helpful.

Comment

that looks immense mate, thanks a lot i hear good stuff about mastercraft also so thanks a bunch. in this case, i could probably do with some help from you in terms of working out the best height and weight for the cue. my current cue is branded as 'medium weight' but does not give an actual figure. what would medium weight usually be, 19oz? also, i am about 5 foot 7 inches and i'm not sure exactly what height would be best, assuming that im probably going to grow a fair bit in the next year.
                JRobbins.

Comment

Best thing is to speak to the guy at MaxBreak as Jonny says.

18oz is probably the more standard weight but talk to the experts, they'll put you on the right track.
                  Nobody was faster

Comment

Working...
                  X