New Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cue

i just picked up a new cue, but im not happy with the tip. what shall i do? give it some time to break in or replace it? also if i were to replace it what would be the best tip?

Can I ask what cue it is ?

As for the best tip, it's all down to personal preference.

Elkmasters can be good, but you will throw more away than you use.

The new pro-granite tips are supposed to be good.

Mike Wooldridge Supertips are what i'm currently using, they're similar to a good Elkmaster, but I don't have to sort through them finding a good one as they all seem to be good.

Then you have Talismans which alot of people like.

If you have the money and time, then try them all and find the one that suits you the most.

Comment

Hi it's a 2 peice MBS cue, I like the general feel of it. The tip feels very hard I like a much softer impact on the cue ball. Also the shape of the tip seems too flat. I don't know whether to try shape it first and see how I go or replace it and get more comfortable with it.

Comment

Tips

Originally Posted by Jaybey View Post
        Hi it's a 2 peice MBS cue, I like the general feel of it. The tip feels very hard I like a much softer impact on the cue ball. Also the shape of the tip seems too flat. I don't know whether to try shape it first and see how I go or replace it and get more comfortable with it.
        Hi Jaybey,

The MBS cues come as standard with a hard tip. (rock hard and difficult to shape) I would recommend you change it to an Elkmaster, these are great playing tips. Blue diamonds are softer on contact with the cue ball than Elks, but it's all down to personal preference. I used to swear by Blue Diamonds at one time, but now I always use Elks, cos I prefer a slightly harder contact. Hope this helps mate..

Check out my listing for a forthcoming snooker sale:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

Your more than welcome to pop over if you can get, or email me if you just want some tips sending - cueist@genie.co.uk :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
          Hi Jaybey,

The MBS cues come as standard with a hard tip. (rock hard and difficult to shape) I would recommend you change it to an Elkmaster, these are great playing tips. Blue diamonds are softer on contact with the cue ball than Elks, but it's all down to personal preference. I used to swear by Blue Diamonds at one time, but now I always use Elks, cos I prefer a slightly harder contact. Hope this helps mate..

Check out my listing for a forthcoming snooker sale:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

Your more than welcome to pop over if you can get, or email me if you just want some tips sending - cueist@genie.co.uk :snooker:
          lol i thought for a second, when i clicked that ebay link, that you were selling all those tables at once XD

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
            lol i thought for a second, when i clicked that ebay link, that you were selling all those tables at once XD
            No, that's a picture of the tables at the club where I play and m holding the sales event. Come along if you can make it - if I've got time I'll have a frame with you. Tables are lovely and it's probably best club in UK for value for money.. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X