Man made materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man made materials

Maybe this question has been asked before. Has anybody ever tried making a cue from man made materials such as carbon fibre? Most other sporting goods seem to use such technology.

I am very happy with my wooden cue. I just wondered.
    王可

Just look:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

yup, Cuetec got them in fibreglass and carbon fibre.. for a while already...

Comment

Problem is that carbon fibre shafts get sticky.

I'd like to see a cue with a hand finished ash shaft and a carbon fibre butt with carbon fibre splicing!

Comment

not sure about man made materials, but peradon tried something called ebonex, which i believe is bolied animal bones, don't think it polished up too well though.

Comment

seen a couple of graphite cues around and about before now....

looked horrid to me though

Comment

Carbon fibre or graphite cues have been around for approx 15 years or so now. You dont see many produced these days though. Riley's (original Riley co - not BCE-Riley) used to do some all black 2 piece grahite shaft an butt, or others with wooden butt and carbon fibre shaft. They say these cues are warp free. The all black cues looked good and sold well, but nowadays I tend to stock traditional ash and maple cues, as that's what most players want. :snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X