My New Trevor White Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re:new cue

Congratulations mate, and I hope it continues to improve your game.
    This is my first post so it is nice to post it to someone I know!
    I think 10-15 minutes practicing the blue to centre pocket run through and screw back is the best method of getting feel for a new cue, and as that improves then do blue off the spot to a far pocket and again set up a row of balls to aim to end up alongside with the cue ball. I'm not good enough to move onto the second excersise but I think you could. I guess that you shouldn't aim for too much accuracy on long screw back but four or five balls 3-4 inches apart would be an excellent target for you.
    Good luck if you decide to try it. Any ideas from other members on good excersises to get used to the feel of a new cue?

Comment

Welcome Mick . You will love it on this forum .
      That pratice routine you showed me was great , actually had to screw back for the pink against Daz on Monday. Only needed to screw back 4 inches and it worked perfectly . You good be the next Terry Griffiths!
      I will try the longer screw back and run through routine when i get down next.

Only issue now is to try to find another decent club to play out of.
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

re routine

Please don't think of me in that way even in jest. There are a lot of routines out there and Terry and indeed Wayne Griffiths have been amazing in getting a non natural player like myself to play at my present standard. Even they take a lot of note from other players and coaches. I can't remember the guys name but I think he is linked on the net with the Irish snooker body, but there is a fantastic range of practice routines from the guy that are aimed at beginner to (genuinely) pro standard if you want them. Hopefully someone will pick up on this and give further details of his name or that of others. I just feel this particular practice routine is a good one for getting to know YOUR cue. As you know I am a great believer in lessons, and am in no way selling Wayne as the greatest but he certainly brings out the best in me! I'll be down with steve tonight so hopefully see you there.
        PLEASE ANYONE WITH GOOD PRACTICE ROUTINES PARTICULARLY ON DEVELOPING CONCENTRATION ,GET IN TOUCH

Comment

Some good practice routines on Fergal O'Brien site

http://fergalobrien.ie/practice.html

Comment

Re practice

Thanks mate, just had a quick look and that is brilliant. Picking up cue now for a bit of practice. Cheers.

Comment

Cazmac , been trying to PM you but not working for some reason and i've also lost you e mail . Up for that game and need some advice from you . seen your post about problems cueing . Get in touch.
              Cheers
              Neil

Comment

Hi Neil sorry I haven,t been in touch, I've been really busy at the moment, I've started a new job and it's taking all my time at the moment. I will answer your PM tonight.

Comment

glad i could help neil - actually £575 for that cue is not expensive at all, a lot of work went into that, and i think it would cost you at least that from trevor directly. and maybe £900+ from parris etc....
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks Andrew , when i said expensive , i meant in comparison to what most people pay for cues . I personally think it is great value for money . Rare cue maker ....Rare Cue .

When you are back in the swing of it , could you please see if you are able to get the extensions for me .

Thanks

Comment

ah the age old problem of chasing up trvor!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi neil. Congrats on your New TW cue mate.!!! it looks absolutely fab
                        How did you get on with it so far??? Hope it feel :snooker:better then it looks.!!!
                        "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

want to improve you game Neil ??? Please Check this out mate , you might like it!!!. go to YouTube and type in. "SNOOKER PRO TIPS", by Neil Maxman. It's a great piece of snooker information. It imroved my game by 30% at least. Cheers Vlad
                          "Life Its the best teacher. And when something fcuk's up there is no undo button" ... D.S!!!

Comment

575 GBP in my opinion is rather cheap for this cue, it is just beautiful!
                            To get a black plate or an ultimate would cost you that much with no splices.
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Pooljunkie , That's exactly what ADR147 said . Reckons £900 + from JP . And i think he is right .

Comment

Vlad , not had a great deal of practice with it yet , also had 2 league matches cancelled . it's a bit different to my Osborne cue but i get more feel out of it . Sorted my stance out the other day and played much better yesterday until we had a powercut!!! Hence another league match had to be cancelled . No candles anywhere!!
                                I will try that on you tube.
                                Thanks Mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X