8 ball british pool cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 ball british pool cues?

Can anybody give me some decent makes or some good websites?

I know about pool cues being different to snooker cues but them 9 ball or american 8 ball cue tips are way too big for 8 ball british pool?
    Dark side of the moon

8 ball cue = snooker cue with a smaller tip generally. They are all the same makes, just order one with 8mm tip for instance. Personally I just use my snooker cue with 10mm tip. Helps with 8 ball cues to choose someone that uses the same joints for extensions and butt, so that you can screw the mini butt into the shaft to make a smaller cue for tight spaces.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
      8 ball cue = snooker cue with a smaller tip generally. They are all the same makes, just order one with 8mm tip for instance. Personally I just use my snooker cue with 10mm tip. Helps with 8 ball cues to choose someone that uses the same joints for extensions and butt, so that you can screw the mini butt into the shaft to make a smaller cue for tight spaces.
      So what you are saying is I can just use my snooker cue to play 8 ball with a 8mm tip?

I'm wanting to get two different cues, one for snooker, one for pool, if you get me?
      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Yeh I get you, lots of people do that. All the makers, for instance craftsman, could do you a cue with a smaller tip (smaller tip, smaller balls). Craftsman offer 8.5 and 8mm tips on their standard range
        http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_range.html
        Personally I just use the same cue for both, but if you want a cue specifically for each all of the general snooker cue makers should be able to make you a cue with a smaller tip for 8 ball.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Peradon English pool cues are pretty good, and they start at about £70. They can be a bit hit-n-miss (like their snooker cues) so you could do what I did and ask one of their stockists if you can buy 3 and send 2 back. Then pick the one you want. Tell them a rough spec first (eg 57" and 17 oz) . The tips are around 8mm as standard

Comment

or just have a new shaft made for the same butt, if they only taper the last 12" or so, weight and balance can be made the same.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
              Can anybody give me some decent makes or some good websites?

I know about pool cues being different to snooker cues but them 9 ball or american 8 ball cue tips are way too big for 8 ball british pool?
              Hi I've pm'd you cos have got loads of nice pool cues available inc. some of the new pool range launched by Cue Craft last year. .. Yes, been playing 8 ball pool for 25 years and 8mm is definitely what you want for the small cue ball.. With a smaller tip you can make the cue ball dance around the table! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
                Hi I've pm'd you cos have got loads of nice pool cues available inc. some of the new pool range launched by Cue Craft last year. .. Yes, been playing 8 ball pool for 25 years and 8mm is definitely what you want for the small cue ball.. With a smaller tip you can make the cue ball dance around the table! :snooker:
                I've pmed you, I look forward to hopefully doing business with you, just going to save some money now, I think a cue can definitely overdo my willpower rather than peeing up the wall after drinking too many bottles of brown ale.
                Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                X