Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mastercraft, Craftsman or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft, Craftsman or something else?

Hello. I´m from Norway, have been playing snooker for almost a year now, and am looking for a new cue. The chance to test it before buying is close to zero since there are few snooker shops around, even tough the prices are unbelievable compared to the UK.

The cue to be replaced is a, hold your horses, warped 2nd hand Riley BM-1 bought for 55 GBP, which in fact was a bargain compared to its original 220 GBP as new.... (not to mention this is without NO case included).

I´ve been lurking around in this forum for a while and understand the best choice would be a MW or TW, but I feel that the time-factor is not on the pro side of these brands.

So to the case. The price range is 150-200 GBP and I believe I need a case as well as the cue.

What should I go for:
    Mastercraft: https://www.maximumbreak-snooker-sto...e-Package.html

or

Craftsman: http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_range.html

or something else?

Welcome along mate, I was in your situation aswell not so long ago and had done alot of reading on cue manufacturers, with that price bracket you can look at GBL cues aswell. All three manufacturers make very nice cues and will taylor to your specification.
    Back at snooker after many years away.

Highest Match Break 53.
    Highest Practise Break 78.

Comment

talk to ADR for some quick wooldridge/TW cues

Comment

Hi Gixxer,

E-mail me your ideal specs e.g. weight, length, tip size, jointing e.g. 3/4 or 2 piece centre split or full one piece and any extensions you require. With your budget I can probably supply you a nice 3/4 cue, telescopic ext and case all in. I supply Cue Craft cues and cases.

The cue pictured below is four piece machine spliced set with leatherette case, mini-butt and long ext. 17 - 17.5 oz @ £100!! Great value for a UK manufactured cue. Not sure what postage costs to Norway would be but can find out - email me to cueist@genie.co.uk, cheers, Dave, Snookerpoolman :snooker:
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
          talk to ADR for some quick wooldridge/TW cues
          optimistic

Craftsmen are good cues, but with your budget I'd be tempted to buy a Wooldridge shark cue or a Northwest cue.

Comment

Otherwise try Uncle Thai (UT) or Omin cue from the far east?

Find Unclevit (tsf member and very nice person) and deal through him if you interested to get a new UT/Omin cue with a lower budget (price range around USD180 - USD220) but with the same good playing quality.

Whatever you decide, ALL THE BEST for you and your new cue.

Cheers...!!!
            My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
              optimistic

Craftsmen are good cues, but with your budget I'd be tempted to buy a Wooldridge shark cue or a Northwest cue.
              Ooops... I think a shark is on it´s way to Norway...

Comment

Can't recommend a custom mastercraft enough. My game has really improved since I got mine

Comment

Originally Posted by lawrywild View Post
                  Can't recommend a custom mastercraft enough. My game has really improved since I got mine
                  In fact the pictures of your cue were the main reason i considered Mastercraft. However, the way things ended up, after different requests to different shops and some late responses, the MW site was suddenly up and running. Immediately afterwards a Black Shark with telescopic extensions and a Python case were ordered. Hopefully I´ll be happy with those, and the delivery time will be shorter than a full custom model. This winter´s season has started: http://translate.google.com/translat...borgsnooker.no, and I´m sure that the Shark will not be a limiting factor on the results :snooker:.

Comment

How long do you have to wait for the shark fella?...

I was gonna order a shark recently too...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                      How long do you have to wait for the shark fella?...

I was gonna order a shark recently too...
                      No idea, but I hope that standard Sharks are close to "in-stock", and that the info on the MW site, indicating 5-10 days to finish them, is a good guess. But I can tell you when it arrives.

Comment

Make sure to post pics when it arrives bud......

Comment

Mastercraft Joint

Lawrywild Hello mate. What kind of joint did you get on your cue? I bought a Mastercraft cue last year and it came with a standard joint. (See the attached photo.) Since new, I've had a funny feeling that the joint is a bit suspect. There's been times when I've felt that the joint has worked loose after about half-an-hours play. I've developed a nasty habit of checking the joint after every shot. If you've got the same joint its soemthing to look out for. Thinking of contacting Dave for advice. Maybe he could swap out the joint for a different one.
                          Attached Files

Comment

how much are the black sharks ,website does not state prices?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy32 View Post
                              how much are the black sharks ,website does not state prices?
                              You have to register on mikes site to access the shop fella...

Sharks are 160 quid..(std).

Bargain...:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X