No announcement yet.

Should cue butt be smooth or lacuered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should cue butt be smooth or lacuered?

Hi,

my cue butt used to be non-slippery and with some lacquers on it, recently i refurbished my cue and the ebony butt is now dead smooth, and it seems mu cue is slipping out of my palm on some shots.

How should the butt be, with lacquered or not? any advices thanks.

Hi, in my unprofessional point of view in regards to cue's outlook, i personally feel its looks better when cue's shaft & butt has got the same degree of
    shineness, or the tone of both nearing each other at least.

By the way, think you've a god dam smooth butt else your cue won't be slipping of palm. A few players including mu neber experienced cue slipping off even with olive oil residue on butt our palm. (trust me, its irritatingly oily!)

Could it be sweaty palm problem? :snooker:
    Last edited by wannabenumb; 28 January 2010, 07:47 AM.
    Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

Comment

Quite funny to read about cue slipping out of your hand as the cue i use at the moment (Peradon) has a shiney butt, I recieved a new cue 3 days ago (Just a cheapy "handmade ash cue" ) off ebay and the butt is really smooth and not laqured, almost dusty like! I played a few shots and then one shot the cue slid out of my hand!! Everyone thought i was gunna launch the cue down the table lol

Comment

If any snoookie dare launch any cue in my club's table, i'l kick his butt outta club
        Just wondering nothing but wondering and really wondering what "IF" cue butt launching off backwards instead? Thats during back-swing and it hits the butt of a poor bugger thats behind the launcher either during that time that poor snookie was just sweetly standing/bending down/aiming/ebdon's stance/picking-balls etc etc...

I hope it'll neber happens as stuffing such butt into somebody else's butts is no joking matter.
        Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

Comment

Working...
        X