For maple wood cues is it.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For maple wood cues is it.......

Hi guys, my friend just accuried a maple cue and wanted his to be oiled like mine. Now question: Is it ablerable to remove the varnished/lacqure thingy and carry out the oiling process just like ash wood?

All replies will be deeply appreciated. Thank Cue!

Regards
    Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

I believe is able to do it as the process you've describe cos I doing the same to my maple cue. Now is very smooth and look great!

Comment

Hi snookered it sounds great ya, thanks for sharing!
      Will those snookies im playing with ever stop calling me a 'ONE-pointer for a day!

Comment

Normally maples are easier to maintain, by using a cloth to wipe it after a match could keep it clean and shine for awhile.
        You can do oiling process to it. No problem with maple

Comment

Yes, you can do that. Oil it will make it darker if you dont mind that. Also, after oiling, you can wax the shaft to make it silky smooth. I usually do not wax ash--but with maple, that seems to make it smoother.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
            Normally maples are easier to maintain, by using a cloth to wipe it after a match could keep it clean and shine for awhile.
            You can do oiling process to it. No problem with maple
            Hey Freedie Ng thanks for the cloth wiping advise also, he'res doing just fine with that as i've taught him what i've learnt here.

Today, im actually doing the cue oling process for him but he insisted linseed oil instead as compare to cheapo olive oil with multiple vitamins with fragrant of mine.

Well.. clever enough for him as his cue don't come cheap, think that also explains why ya

BTW i can't wait to kapo some from him

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
              Yes, you can do that. Oil it will make it darker if you dont mind that. Also, after oiling, you can wax the shaft to make it silky smooth. I usually do not wax ash--but with maple, that seems to make it smoother.
              Thank cue poolqjunkie for your added valuable advise on waxing it too.
              I'll keep it in mind ya.

BTW, what type of wax to use and where to get it? Expensive or not?

Comment

is it best to use boiled linseed oil or raw ???

Comment

You're most welcome Wannabenumb

Mart-j, normally we recommend raw linseed oil. Try to get the white ones.
                  The whiter the better..

Cheers

Comment

thanks freddie

Comment

You are most welcome mart-j.

Anyway what cue are you using ?? got pictures ??

Comment

using a craftsman classic legend at the moment but have been offered a peradon pro-cue mini butt, telescopic extension and case (2 months old) for £130. have seen on here tha shaft becomes sticky hence my interest. no pics just a standard cue lol

Comment

Working...
                        X