Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt & O'Byrne black plate

it's genuine Hunt & O'Byrne ?

Last edited by jasonx; 29 January 2010, 07:50 AM.

Is this a new cue of yours? Too bad the butt has cracked. Great looking shaft anyway. Cheers.
    My cueing sucks

Comment

that's a nasty crack by the badge :S

Comment

Very nice cue,shame about the crack but im sure it could be fixed

Comment

Superglue and ebony dust that will do the trick .

Comment

Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
            Please Comment ,thanks
            What sort of comments you after ?

Offers to buy it, or offers of how to fix that unfortunate crack
            (nice looking cue)

Comment

What kind of comment are you looking for?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
                it's genuine Hunt & O'Byrne ?
                I think he's asking if anyone can tell if it's a genuine H&O of not...

Comment

looks genuine enough to me, the joint the badge etc. Then again its so easy to fake any cue these days if you really want to. That's why I'd never pay silly money for a cue again. At the end of the day who cares who made it, if you like it play with it, that's what cues are for.

Comment

Just for clarification:

It is my cue and I offered it on ebay last week.

One person in Hong Kong bought the cue some time ago and another person told him afterwards the cue might be a fake. I took it back and refunded the buyer as I did not want to leave a bad taste.

I made some investigations and many other guys tell me the cue is genuine. And I am convinced it is as it is absolutely compatible to other old H&O cues.

Jason bought the cue on ebay from me yesterday and cancelled the deal today based on that gossip....

Now I will send the cue to Dan Shelton for repairing the butt and then I will see what I will do with it.
                    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

like another TSF member commented, the cue looks great and if it played the same i wouldnt care if it was genuine or not.

but i understand that people maybe paying for the name rather than quality of cue which is a shame.

pm me i would be interested when its back up for sale

Comment

I can absolutely understand that you should get what you pay for.

But I do not like to be cheated from people pressing the "Buy It Now" button before considering if they really want to buy it or not.

BTW: The cue looks and feels really good and plays absolutely fine.
                        And after a zip through the Dan Shelton cue machine it will be better than ever...
                        I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Jason,
                          In my opinion you should have done your investigation BEFORE you entered into a contract with Chatlag, not AFTER. It is otherwise very unfair to the seller.
                          You are obligated to follow through with the deal as you have made an agreement with Chatlag--unless you have solid proof that the cue was misrepresented grossly in which case you can dismiss the contract based on misrepresentation.
                          Is it not possible to have the cue autheticated by Will Hun at their new shop?
                          Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.
                          PS, that crack can be fixed easily. I have done this type of repair many times. You cannot even feel or notice it afterwards. I am sure Dan will do a great job at it.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I'd think if someone was going to go to the bother of faking a cue, and had the skill to do so, including obtaining (or making) and fitting a distinctive H&O 3/4 joint they'd have the skill to fix the blooming crack in the butt!

Poor form on ebay and no reason whatsoever to cancel the deal.

In this situation, does the seller have to pay costs?

Comment

I had an original Hunt & O`Byrne made at their place at tower bridge, mine didn`t have an sd joint and I don`t remember any of the originals that had them. They were supplied with an ebony extension that you had to unscrew the cue to use.
                              " For those of you in black & white, the blue is behind the yellow"

Comment

Working...
                              X