Craftsman Cues-Classic cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Cues-Classic cue

Right, just wondering if you all think the craftsman classic is a good cue for £125? Had a feel of them today and i liked them so i ordered one in 9.5mm tip. The trouble is there, all cues are out on display to play on the table with so when you buy them they have been used loads, i mean all of the tips were uneven because they was used to much. Whats your opinion on this? And is the classic cue ok for £125?

If you had a feel for them and liked them then what more is there to ask? :S

Comment

Originally Posted by monkey View Post
      Right, just wondering if you all think the craftsman classic is a good cue for £125? Had a feel of them today and i liked them so i ordered one in 9.5mm tip. The trouble is there, all cues are out on display to play on the table with so when you buy them they have been used loads, i mean all of the tips were uneven because they was used to much. Whats your opinion on this? And is the classic cue ok for £125?
      I really doubt all the cues have been used loads! The specs of each cue is written on the paper around it, so if you don't like that one, order one the same specs. Or since its only £15 or so they charge for a clean and repolish, just ask them to tidy it up, I doubt they'd complain or chrage you for it. Ditto on the tip, just ask for a new one to be fitted... I'd imagine most players would fit their own choice of tip anyway, and rarely play with the one on the cue "as is".
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Old cue collector --
      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello

If the cue feels right for you then it doesn't matter if its £125 or £12.50! Only you know your own budget and if that is what you need to pay for a "comfortable" cue for yourself then so be it. As with most things it is very much a question of preference.
        I have been to the showroom though and find all the cues of a very reasonable standard.

Hope you enjoy the cue when it is ready!!

Glenn

Comment

right thanks. I would have a new tip fitted but my mum and dad would go mad at me messing with the cue as soon as i get it. Plus, i cant change tips, messed a cue up trying to change it, so when i want a new tip on i dont know where im gonna go!

Comment

You cannot put a price on the opportunity to play with a cue before you buy it.

Comment

Master Cue, Classic

I bought the exact cue 2 weeks ago after and am very happy to say the least, did not look at what it was, price or spec. Picked it up and thought thats it. (57" 18.25oz as 9.4mm as it turned out).
              The boys night out last Monday ended up with a 90 clearance, 55, 50, 41 & 51 same frame and a 40 so im happy!
              By the way ive played with my 1 piece chaep cue for 18 yeas and fancied a change,3/4 and a bit more weight. still fancy a MW shark though!
              Put a new tip on elkmaster as the original went very hard, too hard.

Quality cues from craftsman!

Trust this helps.

MM

Comment

yeah that helps alot thanks! Do you know what tips they come with already on?

Comment

Master Cue Classic

I would guess a blue diamond but im no expert!

MM

Comment

ah right. I would change the tip but i cant change tips to save my life!

Comment

Ask down the club to see if theirs someone there that changes tips. Theres usually a guy down most clubs will change your tip for a few quid.
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by monkey View Post
                        ah right. I would change the tip but i cant change tips to save my life!
                        Why would you want to change the tip straight away? Tips only make so much of a difference - the main factor is whether or not you can play snooker well.

Unless of course the tip is terrible to begin with but first of all - you haven't had a chance to play with it yet and secondly, would you even know what a "good" tip feels like
                        Last edited by Jonny; 31 January 2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X