Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Burwat

Hi all .Anyone tell me roughly when this riley burwat was made ?[IMG]

I got it a couple of days ago for 50 pound..was it worth it ?

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...&pictureid=251
    Last edited by warren132; 30 January 2010, 08:05 PM.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Probably made in the 80's.

It's only worth what it's worth to someone as a player, if it's a nice solid cue then when you look at some of the tat that's going on ebay for £50 it's not a bad buy.

Comment

Thanks jb..yeh its a nice cue and good perfect ash...not like some of the stuff around today..
      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

1980's is about right.......not seen one like yours though usually there just a plain rosewood butt, they also did a riley professional along the same lines as the burwat ( same style badge ) but with green & yellow veneers.

The ones i've had have all been great playing cues which is the main thing, the last Riley Burwats/Professionals made in the Uk were made by Aeon in Coventry as they got the contract for the top end Riley Cues near the end, so a great cue regardless.........

£50 will be nothing if you start knocking big breaks in with it........lol and i wouldn't think you'd lose any money on it if you sold it anyway mate.......

Comment

Some of the burwat professionals were the best modern cues Riley made. Probably explained by the fact that Riley didn't make them. Didn't know that about Aeon, very interesting, thanks.

Comment

Yes your right......Riley but more likely Aeon at the top of there game....... i used to carry a Riley Burwat & Professional around with me in a one piece case back in the day & switch between the 2, the butt on the Professional looked great & lovely ash on both.

Without doubt 2 of the best cues i've ever had regardless of maker or price, i went through a phase with these cues of thinking i just couldn't play any better & being at the top of my game .........which was a great feeling.

Not had that feeling for a while though other end of the scale these days...........lol

Comment

So it would be fair to say that if I'd just purchased one for £120, I've been shafted (pun intentional) on my cue.

Crap.

Comment

Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
                So it would be fair to say that if I'd just purchased one for £120, I've been shafted (pun intentional) on my cue.

Crap.
                Was that the one on ebay with a metal badge ? (and poor pics) if so i think it was a different model, post up link and see what comments you get

Comment

Yeah, it was this one

Remember to do your research before you impulse buy people!

Comment

Well its been looked at by Craftsmans cues so should be sorted, plus extensions easily worth £45, so maybe not as bad as you might be thinking, i'll leave others to comment on the cue itself

Comment

I know that cue! It hits the ball well. It's arguably not the best £125 ever spent on eBay but if it's the cue for you it's priceless!

Comment

Working...
                      X