Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&W Perfectus cue

Hi

Can anyone tell me anything about the b&w perfectus cue?

Many thanx in advance

All I found on a quick search was this sale page on cues n views
    http://www.cuesnviews.co.uk/dominicd...cemanflyer.htm
    Search for the word perfectus and there is a picture above
    A 'Perfectus' billiard cue by Burroughes & Watts Ltd., London, mid 20th c., ash shaft, hand-spliced rosewood handle with ebony and fruitwood front splice, (147 cm long)
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

That's all I could find aswel lol

Comment

Do you own one / collect cues or are you just interested in knowing more?
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

There's a perfectus cue on the rack of my grandfathers local conservative club, I asked the club if I could buy the cue and they agreed, sadly it's in pretty poor condition (in need of new ferrule, possible loose weight in butt and there's a slight chip out of the front splice of ebony) but otherwise a pretty good cue with a nice shaft.

Just wanted to know a little bit about it

Comment

Fone Tony Ions he will tell you about them and fix it for you .

Comment

Cheers Mick, do you have any contact details for Tony Ions (fone number, email etc.)

Comment

Tony Glover may be cheaper than Tony Ions for the repair although both will do an excellent job.

Perfectus cues are notoriously bad playing cues for snooker due to the whipiness of the shafts on them.

They make really good billiard cues though due to the extra amount of throw you can get on the cue ball because of the whipiness.

I have had 3 Perfectus cues myself and seen another 2 or 3 and all of had unusually whippy shafts with a very slim taper.

Just had a look on the cues and views site at the info from the above post and the perfectus pictured in Dominics collection was my cue!!

You can just make out above the splices were the shaft was slightly damaged and a small piece of ash was glued in place to make the repair.
                Last edited by Burwat Champ; 1 February 2010, 10:57 AM.
                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Cheers Burwat Champ I will send Tony Glover an email, do have any idea of the value of a perfectus in good condition (after repair)

thanx

Comment

i sold 1 in really good condition for 175.
                    However i feel that was a bit too much but that was what the buyer offered.

I think a realistic price would be somwhere in the region of 120-150 if its in really nice condition
                    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Thanx Burwat Champ

Comment

Working...
                      X