No announcement yet.

Pls help. My maple cue got discoloured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls help. My maple cue got discoloured!

Hi all, im chris and new to this forum shld say the best forum i've ever encountered.
    Lately, I started wori as tone of my maple is darken horribly unevenly around bridging part till tip area. Looks like its stained all over.
    Can anyone enlighten me whats going on my cue as my sparring partner has got no idea oso.

Prior thanks!

My guess is that the shaft was never linseed oiled and is bare wood. Discoloration is coming from your hands. It needs to be cleaned off and re-oiled.

Comment

Welcome to TSF. Then:-

1) Post some pictures of your cue here so that people can really see what is your cue's problem; &
      2) Look for a TSF member called as totlxtc (his name is Dan Shelton). PM him (but you need at least 10posts in TSF before you can do so) and ask for his opinion. He is the "Cue Doctor" .

Cheers.
      My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by kgene View Post
        My guess is that the shaft was never linseed oiled and is bare wood. Discoloration is coming from your hands. It needs to be cleaned off and re-oiled.

Hi kgene tks 4 d reply! I dun understand why its my hand dats causing such stains? I do clean off with damp cloth followed by dry procedures but ugly stains jus wun seems going off!

Wats linseed oiled and re-oiled? Tks!

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
          Welcome to TSF. Then:-

1) Post some pictures of your cue here so that people can really see what is your cue's problem; &
          2) Look for a TSF member called as totlxtc (his name is Dan Shelton). PM him (but you need at least 10posts in TSF before you can do so) and ask for his opinion. He is the "Cue Doctor" .

Cheers.

Hi brendan147 a very big halo to you!

1) Can roughly guide me on posting pictures? Million tons tks!

2) I'll try PMing when posts reaches ten! Sounds perfect!

Comment

Press reply and then click advanced reply under the quick reply box at the bottom. When the new post page appears there should be a paperclip icon above the typing area amongst all the options. Click that. Click browse and find the picture on your computer then click upload.
            Then click the post button and the pictures should be there
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Maybe you just post your cue pistures here, I'm sure there are many who will help you out

Comment

Sounds like you just have chalk stains on your maple shaft, it is normal.
                After a while your shaft would look more even in colour as it gets more "dirty."
                Try to add some character to your shaft and not worry too much about it, it will look fine.
                Last edited by poolqjunkie; 10 February 2010, 05:17 AM.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by chris lowe View Post
                  Hi brendan147 a very big halo to you!

1) Can roughly guide me on posting pictures? Million tons tks!

2) I'll try PMing when posts reaches ten! Sounds perfect!
                  Ahha...Rob (RGC) already answer this for me....all the best to you...

Cheers
                  My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                    Press reply and then click advanced reply under the quick reply box at the bottom. When the new post page appears there should be a paperclip icon above the typing area amongst all the options. Click that. Click browse and find the picture on your computer then click upload.
                    Then click the post button and the pictures should be there
                    Tks RGC 4 d posting details. Rite guys, pix will be uploaded in 2 days time stay tune!

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                      Ahha...Rob (RGC) already answer this for me....all the best to you...

Cheers

Ahha all d best to u too... Cheers! "OH SNAP ! ! !

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                        Sounds like you just have chalk stains on your maple shaft, it is normal.
                        After a while your shaft would look more even in colour as it gets more "dirty."
                        Try to add some character to your shaft and not worry too much about it, it will look fine.
                        OIC.. they're actually chalk stains no wonder, tot my hands got some kinda bleaching effect. Tks 4 sharing with me yr knowledge poolqjunkie!

Comment

If you wipe the maple shaft down with a dry towel after you play, over time you shaft would turn a golden honey color with a nice sheen. Dont worry about it.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

do the balls still go in ?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                              If you wipe the maple shaft down with a dry towel after you play, over time you shaft would turn a golden honey color with a nice sheen. Dont worry about it.
                              True enuff poolqjunkie, those unevenly spread urgy stains are exactly golden honey colour, oh boy your such an expert man! Well.. wait till you see my pix
                              where it'l be uploaded here soon. Alrite me no woris then i trust you, but waiting 4 it to materialize is tortuous to my eyes lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X