No announcement yet.

Correct cue length 55"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed from a 57" BCE Hertiage to my 55" Mastercraft Emerald Gem which I had made for me when I was playing county pool a few years back.

Changing was the best decision I've made in a long time, as I've got so much more control over the cue ball and with that my confidence has grown. Since changing I've gone from one of the also runs in the league to being the one of best player in the league.

It feels so comfortable, and I'm not over stretching my back arm when playing shots like I was with the 57" cue.

I like the length so much I've asked Dave at Mastercraft to make me a custom designed cue for me at the same length.

A friend of mine from pool uses my cue as well and she loves the length and her pool has improved since she's been using it, as she's not over stretching her back arm, plus I've been coaching her.

All I can say try it again and it still feel right and comfortable get your John Parris chopped or get a cheap handmade 55" cue made.
    Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
    Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
    Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
    Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

I've made my view on cue lenght clear in previous posts. So I wont go on about it, only to say that by changing the lenght you are changing the balance point. Make sure it is not this that is effecting your potting.
      If you previously played with a 57 inch cue balanced at 17 and then played with a 55 inch cue balanced at 17, you have shifted the balance point by
      2 inch's. so playing with the 55 inch would be like playing with your 57inch with a balance of 19 inch hope you followed that

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        I've made my view on cue lenght clear in previous posts. So I wont go on about it, only to say that by changing the lenght you are changing the balance point. Make sure it is not this that is effecting your potting.
        If you previously played with a 57 inch cue balanced at 17 and then played with a 55 inch cue balanced at 17, you have shifted the balance point by
        2 inch's. so playing with the 55 inch would be like playing with your 57inch with a balance of 19 inch hope you followed that
        Thanks for your input guys, cazmac and a few others have made a good point about balance point, i will talk to john parris , see what he can come up with,
        in the meantime , i have uesd the short cue again today and still been able to pot loads, so i think there is something there ,
        also mentioned in another post was not having to over stretch on the shot ,
        which i noticed has somewhat helped my potting,
        and as mentioned by jazzyjust, i definatley have potted alot more , with ease. will post with any new devolopments . untill then guys keep posting your views e.t.c , much appreciated.
        I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

Originally Posted by heera2009 View Post
          Hi all,
          i have been playing now for a year apprx, i have always usd a 57inch cue as i thought was right for me.
          But only a few days ago i used my friends cue which is 55" and did hardly miss a pot.
          Does this mean i have been using a wrong length cue , as i am 5-6" tall? Is there some one here who has experienced this or has any knowledge on correct length of cue according to heights ?
          And should i have my cue shortened? Thanks in advance, all feedback appreciated.
          My friend is 5'5 ft. and plays very well with 55.5in. cue. If you can play well with your 55in. cue, then it fits you right. Congratulations
          It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
            My friend is 5'5 ft. and plays very well with 55.5in. cue. If you can play well with your 55in. cue, then it fits you right. Congratulations
            HI UNCLEVIT
            The number 5 must be lucky for your friend , i wonder if he would have used a 56 if he was 5ft 6, haha

Comment

HI UNCLEVIT
              The number 5 must be lucky for your friend , i wonder if he would have used a 56 if he was 5ft 6, haha
              Yep, in thailand number 5 (King Rama 5th) and 9 (King Rama 9th) are our most famous, following by number 8 (Chinese belief). That is why my next cue shaft will be in 9 arrows
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

If John can't help give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.
                Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.

Comment

Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
                  Yep, in thailand number 5 (King Rama 5th) and 9 (King Rama 9th) are our most famous, following by number 8 (Chinese belief). That is why my next cue shaft will be in 9 arrows
                  i think your friend must be lauging all the way after finding his perfect cue :snooker:

555 = ha ha ha

Comment

Cheers guys for input ,
                    i summed up the courage and sent out cue today for plastic surgery,
                    thanks jj, for your offer ,
                    thanks to all ,
                    And if the cue dont work i will send bill out to you all .
                    So no spending your wages in the boozer tonight.

Comment

Cheers guys for input ,
                      i summed up the courage and sent out cue today for plastic surgery,
                      thanks jj, for your offer ,
                      thanks to all ,
                      And if the cue dont work i will send bill out to you all .
                      So no spending your wages in the boozer tonight.
                      Did you ask the person who is fixing up your cue where they are going to cut the cue to shorten it?

and what kind of effect will it have on the balance point?

thx

Comment

That is a very good point wayync.

It might come back feeling nothing like your friend's cue and you would have with a cue you can't get on with.

Comment

lets us know if it works out :snooker::snooker:

Comment

lets us know if it works out :snooker::snooker:
                            Good point guys, will do that, by the way because the ferrel was a 9.2mm
                            i asked john to fit a new 10mm ferrel , so i think cutting it down from that way is what he will do.
                            I will post later on balance point and how i get on with it, Cheers,

Comment

Heera, where are you? whats happening with your cue? how are you playing?
                              Did it work????????
                              After saying that the min cue lenght should be 58 I'm now thinking of shortening my cue.

Comment

Heera, where are you? whats happening with your cue? how are you playing?
                                Did it work????????
                                After saying that the min cue lenght should be 58 I'm now thinking of shortening my cue.
                                cazmac1 I'm no expert but I have a theory that the length of the cue is not really that important. One of the posts here, from someone who took some lessons from Adam Duffy, mentioned that he (Adam) suggested that he (TSF member) hold the cue a little further up the butt. Putting aside the weight issue it doesn't really matter whether the cue is 57" or 58" you just move your butt grip a little. I've been experimenting with a little bit of success.

Comment

Working...
                                X