Will hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will hunt

I popped in to Hunt & Osborne today, as I was passing. I had a great chat with Will Hunt, he was happy to give me his time even though I wasn’t buying. He brought out one of a few cues that he's put aside for Ronnie. I had a go with it and loved it so much I gave him my number and said if Ronnie doesn’t have it I will. The price was very reasonable too. Will is a lovely man and it is clear he still has a passion for what he does. I would recommend him to any one who's looking to buy.
    PS: I have a TW on order and shouldn't buy another cue but I just couldn't help myself

Hunt & Osborne is in my "list" of collection together with Dan Shelton, MW & TW.

What s the spec of that cue? Green Plate badge, I think?
    My cueing sucks

Comment

Cazmac , i know what you mean about wanting more than 1 cue . I've got my TW and am still looking around for others .
      I always get Robert or Will to re tip my cues and love going down there to chat to them .
      They showed me Graeme Dotts cue that he won the worlds with . The wood was showing signs of disease , i've never seen that before .
      They also had Stephen Maguires spare cue which i believe they were trying to copy for him .
      I didn't mind going down there with my old cue to get it re-tipped as they made it . But i'm not sure about going down with another cue makers cue .Doesn't feel right somehow . Can re-tip myself but for some reason don't like doing my own cue !
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hi Brendan,

The spects were as follows
        green badge
        One piece
        58inch long
        Weight about 17 1/2 oz
        Balance at 17
        9.5mm tip
        Nice evenly spaced chevrons.

Hi Neil,
        I wouldn't worry too much about bringing your cue down for re-tiping. Im sure Will is open minded enough, he's still providing you with a service after all. :snooker::snooker:

I need to get the cue without my misses finding out

Comment

Send the cue to me and we could by pass the misses !

Comment

I`ve got a Hunt and Osborne green plate cue and would recommend them to anyone, I could have resold mine about 20 times. Before my green plate I had a red plate in the elite design, again lovely cue.
            " For those of you in black & white, the blue is behind the yellow"

Comment

cazmac what sort of butt design did ronnies spare cues have?

is he using there cues now or is he still with parris?
              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

If Ronnie know about H&O, he should be informed about MW cue too... Enough is enough with this Parris cue...
                My cueing sucks

Comment

Ronnie is playing with a Hunt & Osborne cue .

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater View Post
                    cazmac what sort of butt design did ronnies spare cues have?

is he using there cues now or is he still with parris?
                    I think Will said that ronnie was using his cue at the moment.

The butt was ebony with only one splice and one veneer looked like rose wood, but I'm not a 100% on that, should have asked. If I get the cue I'll give a full run down on the splices.:snooker::snooker:
                    PS: I only looked at the one cue.
                    Last edited by cazmac1; 11 February 2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Send the cue to me and we could by pass the misses !
                      And pigs will fly

Comment

How old is Will Hunt now?
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                          And pigs will fly
                          i was only trying to help ! you should do what i did ....i got it sent to my mum's house !

Comment

So is the one piece cue he is using now with the four secondary splices of olivewood a hunt cue or a parris cue?
                            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              i was only trying to help ! you should do what i did ....i got it sent to my mum's house !
                              I'll just tell her that some one at the club gave it to me, because it was no good. she won't know the difference.
                              Last edited by cazmac1; 12 February 2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X