No announcement yet.

Any Shops with Wooldrige/Parris Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about Stu at Greenbaize, really nice bloke, cheapest cues of their type, if thats what your after then i cant understand why anybody would buy from anywhere else. Ive heard that if you cant get there yourself, he will try a few cues out on your behalf and send you the best one, top service

Comment

what do you mean cheapest cues of their type.

Comment

Originally Posted by djyates View Post
        I think I'd be happy to pay a little extra to buy the cue there and then, and for the advice / use of table etc. etc. But the difference is £139 in Green Baize versus £195 in Chesworth cues. That's a 40% increase over Green Baize. I'd be willing to pay 10% extra I think.

He clearly knows his stuff, but the slightly over-the-top tirade against MW made me suspicious. I mean, the views expressed on this forum (and others) is overwhelming positive about MW. Is everyone on here wrong?

Donny.
        actually i think looking at the trade prices the issue there is stu is not charging enough. once he has paid his import tax etc on those he is only making about £25-£30 and thats not enough for the hassle of doing it.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          what do you mean cheapest cues of their type.
          ... But the difference is £139 in Green Baize versus £195 in Chesworth cues. That's a 40% increase over Green Baize. I'd be willing to pay 10% extra I think...
          Did you not read the earlier posts ?? - it seems for MasterCue Stu charges a lot less than Chesworth, so why would you buy from Chesworth

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Did you not read the earlier posts ?? - it seems for MasterCue Stu charges a lot less than Chesworth, so why would you buy from Chesworth
            right i get you i thought you where saying the cues are cheaply made as in (those type of cues) rather than stu sell them cheap as i can honestly say stus gbls are as good as any cue out there.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              actually i think looking at the trade prices the issue there is stu is not charging enough. once he has paid his import tax etc on those he is only making about £25-£30 and thats not enough for the hassle of doing it.
              Yeah and to be fair to Chesworths, Stu's prices are sale prices maybe to clear some stock, so wont last forever

Comment

i dont know about that his prices have been the same for about a year now.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Yeah and to be fair to Chesworths, Stu's prices are sale prices maybe to clear some stock, so wont last forever
                  True. But the ProButt range in question is £144 when not on sale. Only a fiver more.

Donny.

Comment

I have to mention this: Martin suggested that MW's cues are made in Thailand, at least in part, if not entirely (and perhaps finished by MW). He said that is why you can't go and visit his workshop. He also said this was common knowledge in the trade, but that I shouldn't mention it on the forums.

I didn't believe him at the time, and I did press him on it (as it is quite a serious accusation). This is rubbish, right?

Donny.

Comment

where is Stu and the green baize please?

Comment

Originally Posted by stephen povey View Post
                        where is Stu and the green baize please?
                        http://greenbaize.com/index.htm

Comment

i think totlxtc as been to mikes workshop i personaly cant see mike doing that surely he would get in big trouble from trading standards and other bodys saying he makes his own cues but realy ships them in from thailand cant see it myself.
                          Last edited by ste bed; 15 February 2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I have to mention this: Martin suggested that MW's cues are made in Thailand, at least in part, if not entirely (and perhaps finished by MW). He said that is why you can't go and visit his workshop. He also said this was common knowledge in the trade, but that I shouldn't mention it on the forums.

I didn't believe him at the time, and I did press him on it (as it is quite a serious accusation). This is rubbish, right?

Donny.
                            That's just an accusation that goes around about every cuemaker.

Comment

Donny.
                              which begs the question why are you?
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Donny.
                                I'm with ADR147 here. There is information sharing and potentially discrediting someone. Martin does get carried away at times but in my experience he is a decent guy and if he told you this is confidence you should have kept it that way. He took you into his confidence and you should have respected that!!!
                                Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

Working...
                                X