No announcement yet.

Any Shops with Wooldrige/Parris Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I beg to differ. And I don't think the clothing comparison is relevant, except from a fashion point of view, which admittedly there is an element of in the cue trade.
    The top cuemakers sell their product as made from the raw materials themselves. Which means taking an ash blank and a few hardwoods and crafting them into a cue. There's hard work involved, and I don't think the 400 quid or whatever the average cost of a top cue is unreasonable considering the hourly rate of a tradesman.
    I may be wrong but I suspect there is a bit of both going on, having seen cues from the top cuemakers looking very similar to the best quality Thai cues (GBL Unique etc)
    I use an older custom Wooldridge though, it's about 7 years old and is top quality

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      yes mastercraft are uk made. i sell cue craft also and they are great people to deal with the trouble is that for the range i like ie the triumph range people just don't buy them! and i agree that they should!
      Yes the Triumph range is good, but so is the Hand-spliced range, Monarch, Sherwood, Baron, Royal Standard etc and is within most peoples price range £130 - £190 odd with extensions realistically priced as well...

Willytan

"So it doesn't matter whether the cue is from the far east or far west, and then badge under a certain master cue maker. It is how sharp or skillful enough to select the good ones from the lots, customize those that is slightly inferior that he have bought to a certain high standard and then badge them under his name. That is also why he is able to command £500 instead of £200 which MC is charging even though the shaft is from the same factory. If he is to just badge each n everyone of the lot that he have bought, god bless him that his name & reputation will still be hanging high up on everyone's heart after such many years."

Re. the Martin debate, to clear up the aparent confusion. MC sells the Mastercue and MW cues, he doesn't make them or re-finish them as far as I know (has his own range of cues - or did have at least the last time I saw him). Yes he can favour one supplier over another if he wants to, but he should be sure that the cues he's saying are imported really are and likewise should be honest about the Mastercue being from Thailand...

Comment

Working...
      X