old john parris cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old john parris cue

How much would an old John Parris maple cue go for? its 23 yrs old, and was made for Bruce Mcphee, whos formerly one of australias best snooker players; back in the day when he was competing side by side with eddie charlton.
    he said john made it for him back in 1987, when he was trying to get his cues out to pro's accordin. he also said he coached andrew hicks back in the day. now he owns n runs Legends entertainment centre, just north of melbourne, australia, and does coaching out of there, alongside andrew hicks. just curious as to how much a cue like that would fetch =]

You will have to provide the model ie special, paragon or whether is it ultimate.

The original length of the cue & if the butt has any design is also very important.
    Last edited by willytan; 11 February 2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

did john even have his models back then? hmmm the badge has a number on it. i think it was just plain ebony butt.
      he told me it was when john was makin cues out of his garage? making about 3 to 4 a week. didnt get to look at the cue for very long. but the splices on the shaft were a bit shorter than they are now. or they felt like they were. the bottom of the splices were very close to the joint. felt good tho, had a hit with it. great cue IMO. ill hav to go back, maybe take sum pics, if he doesnt mind :P haha

Comment

john parris used to put is postcode on some of his old cues i have seen a few on ebay they always go for good money.

Comment

how good? he's told me he's had some offers in the past of upto 2000 aud, which is abt 1200 pounds? maybe a tad more. dont think he wants to part with the cue tho. he told me i can hav it wen he dies. but he also laughed. i dont know whether i should hold him to that or not :P lol but if i had it my way, id let him live forever. good guy! real friendly n nice to chat to =D

Comment

1200 would be a bit steep i need to see pictures to value it.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by willytan View Post
              You will have to provide the model ie special, paragon or whether is it ultimate.
              The cue was made in 1987. What are you talking about?
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                The cue was made in 1987. What are you talking about?
                did john parris make those models of cues back then? from what i heard, he wasnt very established. he told me he told john parris to make a few cues and give them to professionals for free to get his name out. and then i think john gave him that cue.

Comment

Maybe thats the very first few batch of JP cues

Comment

Working...
                  X