No announcement yet.

easiet way to remove ferrule - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you are careful in doing so, a lighter is the easiest way to get the ferrule off. As Pooljunkie says, move the ferrule around to find the best fit and then mark it so you know how to align when on.
    I found that using Gorilla glue does the job very well. It has an expanding reaction when setting and holds the ferrule in place very well but also gives you time to position correctly.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
      Darn Canadians love their adrenalin rushes!
      Yeah just like "Noel" who snowboarded that jump at the beginning of the winter olympics

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
        As long as you are careful in doing so, a lighter is the easiest way to get the ferrule off. As Pooljunkie says, move the ferrule around to find the best fit and then mark it so you know how to align when on.
        I found that using Gorilla glue does the job very well. It has an expanding reaction when setting and holds the ferrule in place very well but also gives you time to position correctly.
        I use Gorilla sometimes, too.
        I asked the manufacturer when I first used it and they told me although the glue does expand quite a bit, they are not intended to be used to fill gaps. They cannot really hold the gaps in place very well.
        So, they adviced me I should use it only when the faces are pretty tight together.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
        X