cues from jjb sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
    are these any good or just the usual crap?

i had a feel of one it says its something to do with ronnie o'sullivan and instead of being £50 only £25 is that good?
    Strangely enough I bought that cue.

Worst thing about it is that It didn't come with a case.

It's certainly an obvious step up from the cues they just leave lying around in pubs and clubs and it's weighted quite nicely. I think I play better with it but that could be just pyschological - I'm too inconsistent to draw a conclusive conclusion here and I spend the majority of my time on american pool tables with Buckets for pockets.

For the record though I definately generate a better reaction on the cue ball when I play with this cue as opposed to a club one.

Worth £25 if your purse strings are tight, probably worth waiting if not

Comment

Originally Posted by toppotter1967 View Post
      Hi Ben
      Nice to hear from you do you still live in Taunton.

Toppotter1967
      Yes I am Gordon, for my sinns

Comment

i bought one of the cheaper jjb cues - a bce o'sullivan 2 piece when i first started playing a couple of years ago and recently ive been playing a lot more regularly and taking the game more seriously. i find this cue incredibly light and the finish is awful, which is what you get for the money i suppose.
        i've been looking to buy a new cue for a loooong time, and some of the craftsman ones look quite nice. i've also been toying with the idea of getting a MW, but i think for my ability i'd be punching way above my weight with a cue of that standard. it'd be quite embarrassing turning up with such a nice cue and barely getting anything over a 20 break. can anyone reccommend a good cue maker for an average player or should i just splash out on something that will last?
        ideally my spec would be 9.5mm/19-20oz/58"
        cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by tomgeorge5 View Post
          i bought one of the cheaper jjb cues - a bce o'sullivan 2 piece when i first started playing a couple of years ago and recently ive been playing a lot more regularly and taking the game more seriously. i find this cue incredibly light and the finish is awful, which is what you get for the money i suppose.
          i've been looking to buy a new cue for a loooong time, and some of the craftsman ones look quite nice. i've also been toying with the idea of getting a MW, but i think for my ability i'd be punching way above my weight with a cue of that standard. it'd be quite embarrassing turning up with such a nice cue and barely getting anything over a 20 break. can anyone reccommend a good cue maker for an average player or should i just splash out on something that will last?
          cheers
          If you want MW then go for it mate . We all play to different standards and play for the love of the game . As long as you enjoy it , thats all that matters .

If your,e bothered about the fancy splicing then why not go for plain ebony butt ,or pheraps a single splice .

If you dont want to spend that much then Mastercraft , Craftsman , Mastercue , Omin , UT , all do great cues at a reasonable price .

Comment

Originally Posted by tomgeorge5 View Post
            cheers
            Hi Tom I supply custom made cues made to order. They're all hand-made in UK by Cue Craft. You can choose from something very simple e.g. a 1 piece Rosewood butt with Ash or Maple Shaft to a multi-spliced but with exotic wood and/or coloured veneer inlays. In terms of price, they're great value - I've recently supplied a Hand-spliced plain Rosewood butt 1 piece with Maple shaft and the cost? £85!! If you want Ebony, it will be a little more, butt for a 1 piece to the specs you've give ( 9.5mm/19-20oz/58" ) the cost would be only around £125 for either Ebony/Ash or Ebony/Maple. Also you have the option of having a butt joint to take a mini-butt and also a telescopic ext. There's so many options and I have a lot of Cue Craft hand spliced cues in stock, so may well have something already to suit you. Cues are avilable to try out at my club at Clay Cross, Chesterfield if you're not too far away. If you contact me at cueist@genie.co.uk, I'll send you more details. I also stock a full range of cases and accessories.

Hope this helps, cheers, Dave, Snookerpoolman :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X