Tony Glover cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Glover cues

Are they any good? Feed back .... please chaps are they worth the money ? Are they quality? I am thinking of havung one made to order. Cheers steve.

Hi Steve,

I have a Tony Glover cue and had two others before.

The one I have is a 1pc ash/ebony cue with a thin maple veneer and a violet rosewood fron splice.
    His craftsmanship is really fantastic and he absolutely understood my wishes about the shaft and splicing. I aksed for a longer butt splicing and a shaft made of aged ash. The cue should have a vintage look and a modern feel.
    The result is a great playing cue with a lot of feel and flex that has a VERY classy and elegant look.

I haven't seen a bad cue from Tony so far. He is also well known for his replica cues.
    I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Hi Mate cant comment personally , but sure there are members here who have them . If you go to the cues from jjb thread Toppotter 1967 seems verry happy with his .
      Type his name in the search field

Comment

Tony glover

Hi Mate
        I am extremly happy with my Tony Glover cue superb cue maker and great service not the cheapest but like life you pay for what you get.

Toppotter1967

Comment

Originally Posted by toppotter1967 View Post
          Hi Mate
          I am extremly happy with my Tony Glover cue superb cue maker and great service not the cheapest but like life you pay for what you get.

Toppotter1967
          Saying that I,ve been looking on his site earlier and his plain ebony starts from £ 250 and an extra £35 for single splice and veneer , which I think is quite reasonable and a lot cheaper than some others .
          Last edited by hotpot; 17 February 2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

tony is a very nice guy to deal with from a business point of view and he makes a cracking cue at a sensible price.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks guys keep those views coming !!

Comment

I,ve read through several posts and only excellent reviews , even from Trevor White and Mike Wooldridge .

Just had a cue made myself and I know what a tough decision it is with so many to choose from

Not sure what his waiting list is but it seems you have to wait a few months with all the top guys now .

Comment

Tony Glover

I Agree with all the comments all I can say is that I found Tony an awsome guy to talk to and he listened to me and made the cue exactly as I wanted it, Would love another but can't afford it lol. There are some superb cue makers out there it is personel choice.

Comment

Tonys wait is about 10 weeks. thats what he told me on the phone today.

Comment

10 weeks is good. Trevor would be much longer.
                      I've had a go of one glover was a nice cue. Years ago I thought Tony was expensive but I think everybody else's prices have gone up so Tony looks well priced now.

Comment

Tony Glover

That tells you something LOL that he is busy I think I waited 16 weeks for mine well worth the wait.

Comment

I have a Mannok replica by Tony Glover,it took 12 weeks to make mine,i couldnt of asked for a better service and fantastic cue at a very resonable price

Comment

Hi Stephen, I went to Glovers and asked for a replica to be made of an old cue I used to play with.
                            One piece, 2 ebony, 2 mahogany 19"splices. I wanted a 10 mm tip and the butt made slightly larger diameter than a normal cue and with no flat and no name-plate. This was so I could sand the butt down how I wanted it. I asked for a joint through the splices.
                            The cue was made exactly as requested, Tony understands that snooker players are strange and have their own ideas of how the cue should feel.
                            I went back 2 months later and had an extra shaft made, so I would be able to have at least one tip played in for any matches.
                            FIRST CLASS, understands the customer, quality materials, quality manufacture. Long delivery, but worth the wait.

Comment

Dear Sneaky-Pete,
                              Thanks for the info i must pay him a visit my old cue has gone through the wars! Found it in the Consti club in Spalding in 76 had it shortened by Mac Chambers to 56ins the had it butt jointed.. mistake! made back into a one piece in 96!!Its a bit whippy so now i need a stiffer shaft 55 ins 9.6mm ferele one piece with a mini butt plus extension.. thats what i need.

Comment

Working...
                              X