No announcement yet.

Tony Glover cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen, take your old cue to Tony Glover and he will make a replica with a slightly stiffer shaft etc etc .
    Superb, you'll not regret it.

Comment

Thanks Sneaky thats what iwas going to do anyway! Stephen.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sneaky-Pete View Post
        ...I went to Glovers and asked for a replica to be made of an old cue I used to play with.
        One piece, 2 ebony, 2 mahogany 19"splices....
        Anything like this ? - lovely cue if so

Comment

[QUOTE=jrc750;468728]Anything like this ? - lovely cue if so
          [/QUOTE

That looks nice jrc , i,d like to see a photo of the shaft ,if possible , by the way how did you manage that score on asteroids , thought i was pretty good , lol

Comment

[QUOTE=hotpot;468731]
            Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Anything like this ? - lovely cue if so
            [ATTACH]4101[/ATTACH][/QUOTE

That looks nice jrc , i,d like to see a photo of the shaft ,if possible , by the way how did you manage that score on asteroids , thought i was pretty good , lol
            I "borrowed" that pic from the cue guru site - plenty of pics of Glover replicas
            http://thecueguru.weebly.com/replica-cues.html

And as for Asteroids, dedication lol - used to play it every day back in the college days (roughly 26 years ago - i feel old)

Comment

he will start making deliveries around april~~~
              i asked his agent in HK a week ago and ordered an ebony 1 pc.

Comment

jrc750, if you've got any pics of my wife as well I'd like a copy.

My cue looks better than that one to me.!!!!
                Yes mine is basically the same but the blue splice peaks at approx where the long splices meet.
                Mine also has a joint through the splicesapprox 2.5" down, I have 2 shafts and have put the same splicing on the spare shaft.

I look and feel great walking round the table !!!, picking the balls out the pockets for my opponents.

If I can't play good, at least I feel good. (HB 140)

Comment

Originally Posted by Sneaky-Pete View Post
                  jrc750, if you've got any pics of my wife as well I'd like a copy.

My cue looks better than that one to me.!!!!
                  Yes mine is basically the same but the blue splice peaks at approx where the long splices meet.
                  Mine also has a joint through the splicesapprox 2.5" down, I have 2 shafts and have put the same splicing on the spare shaft.

I look and feel great walking round the table !!!, picking the balls out the pockets for my opponents.

If I can't play good, at least I feel good. (HB 140)
                  Would like to see a pic of your cue if you can organise it.
                  Wish i had a HB of 140 and felt as tho i didnt play good.
                  (better keep the pics of your wife to myself )

Comment

Thanks for that jrc750, could be a week as I've no photos at present and not ofay with attachments. ( I'll ask my son to help me, he'll take the p )
                    Just started playing again after 8 year layoff, so frustrating, no backswing but working on it. Cannon fodder at the moment. Tips been on 10 years, about to try some others from adr147.
                    Happy Potting, Sneaky.

Comment

i have had 3 glover cues and all have been awesome and as said before a nice bloke with it. i think his prices are a good aswell so you wont regret buying one mate

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your replies ,loks like i will be buying a Glover cue asap. Keep those views coming.
                        Thanks Steve.

Comment

I agree with much that has already been said & based on the ones i've had & seen Tony's Cues are excellent, they tend to have that old cue look & feel but with all the modern benefits & its almost like you've used it for years pretty much straight away.

The last I had made was a Burwat Champion Replica & that was top drawer the most authentic replica i've seen, lovely build quality, nice taper & the most important thing it was a great playing cue.

However specific you are, you get exactly what you ask for whether he's making you a cue or doing a repair you know it will be right, which gives confidence.

I think Ronnie O'Sullivan is trying a couple of Glovers at the moment amongst others ready for the World Championships, so no doubt Tony will be very busy if he decides to use one.

Comment

glover cues

Thanks everyone for the info went and saw Tony on Wednesday and odered my new one piece ebony butt cuu
                            56ins
                            9mm ferrele
                            18oz
                            mini butt
                            telescopic butt
                            Its a 10week wait but worth it... nice bloke too. Steve.

Comment

What design you having mate . I,m sure you,ll be over the moon with your glover , love to try one myself one day . Post some pics when you get her .

Comment

Nothing flash in the design hotpot.. just a plain ebony butt with the ivory lookalike plaque at the end of the butt. Cheers Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X