Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Granite Tips

Hi All
    I have just put a new Pro Granite Tip on my cue going to try it out later, nice tip to put on not easy to shape down from a 10mm to 9mm but when it is done looks nice just hope it feels nice on contact.

Toppotter1967

Actually can just post on any "tip" thread..
    Btw, good luck with your new tip..

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/rob/T...47TIPGUIDE.pdf
    (can use this as guide to help you re-tipping)

Cheers

Comment

have read alot of threads on here regarding tips, alot of good feedback.
      I currently have a MW supertip on 1 cue and a Talisman Pro Soft on another.
      I have 1 more cue to play about with, think Im gonna get some Pro Granites from ADR n try them too
      Highest Match Break - 77
      Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
      Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Granite Tips

Well it official I am a total fan they feel great and I have not had such control in a long time. I played last night ans even though I did. not have any big breaks in 15 frames I had 50-48-48-41-40-39-38-35-33-33-30 pretty consistant.
        :snooker::snooker:

Comment

Hope I have the same sort of luck! Ordered mine on Friday, will be putting one on as soon as they arrive, hopefully the PG Tips are as good as people keep saying
          Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Originally Posted by whufcarl View Post
            Hope I have the same sort of luck! Ordered mine on Friday, will be putting one on as soon as they arrive, hopefully the PG Tips are as good as people keep saying
            PG Tips.. thats good
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
              PG Tips.. thats good
              Well I look like Johnny Vegas n play like a monkey!
              Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

any idea of how to get or where to get this tip in malaysia?
                thank you in advance for helping !^^

Comment

Just order it from GreenBaize straight ^^

Comment

I am using Pro granite tip too.
                    The feeling similar to MW supertip, not too hard ,but there are some hair come out when I shaped with rough sandpaper. After reshaped with fine sandpaper the hair disappeared. Its worth to try.

Comment

Originally Posted by nelson View Post
                      I am using Pro granite tip too.
                      The feeling similar to MW supertip, not too hard ,but there are some hair come out when I shaped with rough sandpaper. After reshaped with fine sandpaper the hair disappeared. Its worth to try.
                      I've tried pro-granites too. They are a decent, solid tip. I prefer hard tips and after a while I tried a kamui medium-hard. The kamui just shades it imho. Still have plenty of pro-granites if I ever run out of the kamuis, but for now they're on the backburner.

I use cardboard to rub and burnish the tip. Works easily as well as a £20 note ( and no danger of ripping it, haha ).

One of the best things I did was give up using superglue. Araldite rapide works a treat and doesn't eat into the base of the tip like superglue does. Def. worth giving it a try!

Comment

Well, I have defo decided that laminated tips are not for me, as I have tried Talisman Kamui and Moori (alledgedly 3 of the best) and all are way too hard for my liking. So...the question is guys, which pressed tip is really the best? Currently I have a Blue Diamond Plus. I think I prefer the feel of a soft tip...after 32 years of playing you would think I would be certain by now wouldn't you?
                        I know it's all about personal preference, but, surely certain names will keep cropping up.....help....!

Comment

Anyone got any of these tips for me to try as i have only used Blue Diamond and Elkmaster

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                            Anyone got any of these tips for me to try as i have only used Blue Diamond and Elkmaster
                            Just go on ebay, try ADR147 and buy 'em

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                              I have a few send me your address and i will send you one as i got them and they are to hard for me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X