How

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How

many of you out there have ever snapped your cue in sheer frustration ?
    I was just learning the game and i was playing my big cousin and he was winning 11-0..i thought that i was good enough to beat him and i got so enoyed with myself that i whacked the cue of the side rail of the table...to witch it broke in to about 4 bits...i must add that this the one and only time that i have ever done this ! has anyone else ever done this and if so what was the reason ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

A few good storied in this thread http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=16676

My mate snapped his cue out of frustration, he's not really cut out for snooker gets annoyed when he misses. Was only a cheap Riley but he basically said he was fed up and snapped his cue across his knee right at the centre joint... I gave him my old cheapo cue the next week to replace it...
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Yep , I had a two piece bce Alex Higgins cue which I broke , when I hit it against the table and split the shaft after a few hours of playing crap snooker .

It was the best cue I ever owned , and have,nt found one the same since .

Comment

No but felt like it loads of times . Cue too expensive to snap and too long to get another one made . But did bust my toe when i kicked the wall after i missed a red once and smashed my knuckle after again [ oops....yet again ] missing a red .
        I hope your cue wasn't too expensive and that you have another one to play with .
        Get back on the baize and beat your cousin .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

my Parris cue has grown wings a couple of times... well, i have thrown it in anger...
          Not broken it tho, which im suprised at lol
          Highest Match Break - 77
          Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
          Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

In terms of hurting myself...
            Broke a knuckle punching the wall in frustration
            Gave myself a minor concussion headbutting the table after missing a pink to the middle on 65 with the last red over the corner and all colours on the spot...
            Oh and I drop kicked my chalk which hit my mate in the face!!! That was classic
            Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

I did see someone javelin his cue across the snooker room once, flew across about 3 tables, then skidded on the floor into the stairs tip first

Miraculously the guy went and picked it up... unharmed...
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Lost count of how many cues, but were all cheap ones, broke a club cue a couple of times too, and paid to replace them. Broke my knuckles a few times also. Thankfully thats all in the past . Nowadays if i cant get going sometimes i seceretly wet my oppenents tip and let him do the above mentioned actions, lol,
                I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

Originally Posted by whufcarl View Post
                  Gave myself a minor concussion headbutting the table after missing a pink to the middle on 65 with the last red over the corner and all colours on the spot...
                  LMAO...that made me laugh aye......

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                    LMAO...that made me laugh aye......
                    I can see the funny side now, but at the time i was in a bad way!
                    i wouldnt mind, but i beat my mate 13-0, and that was in the last frame. i couldnt play any more after that.

I can safely say that it is the first and last time i will ever headbutt slate in anger
                    Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Would,nt fancy playing you mate . I,d be coming to the table like Freddie Flintoff with Eddie the eagles goggles on .

Comment

haha, im not so bad anymore...
                        getting a bit calmer in my old age (25)
                        now its just a little punch on the table when i play a bad shot or tap my shin with the cue, i figure if it hurts me, ill learn to play better so i dont have to do it....
                        Highest Match Break - 77

Comment

Yep done that, Had a two piece cue and was playing great snooker with it but couldn't play deep screw shots with, so snaped it over my knee. Never played aswell since and am still looking for my perfect cue.

Comment

The best thing to do is just relax during the game, even if you have missed a pot wether it was an easy pot or difficult, and try to analise why you missed , when sitting down, and forget the miss when you are at the table, Steve davis quotes, when playing be confident, and positive on the shot. Its something i take to my game, and for the last couple of years i have never lost my cool in the game or shown signs to my opponent.
                            It just requires PMA, and a regular look at your technique.
                            I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

Bloody hell , even my missus laughed at that headbanging moment .
                              Best bit of petulance i ever saw was in our local league years ago . The player was not widely liked and was a bit arrogant .
                              Well he was on 95 with a dead straight black off the spot . He stopped , went over and drank some of his coke came back to the table and twitched up on the black and missed it . He let out a mighty scream and launched his chalk around the walls smashing it to bits . After he calmed down , my mate who he was playing got up and went round the table to where the white was , chalked his cue and asked the Ref ' How many snookers do i require ? ' . We were rolling around wetting ourselves and even his 2 team mates were laughing .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                              X