Best Cue Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Woolf147 View Post
    Remember that some other Cuemaker get them cues from china or thiland and I have seen this cues and been told what is the difference.
    Who exactly told you the "difference" between a Thai made cue and a UK one?

Their are some very good cues coming from Thailand in particular, for instance the GBL range from Greenbaize, which I have personally never actually heard a bad word about!

Also there is no answer to "who is the best cue maker" as all the top cue maker's will themselves admit they are not the only person that can make a fantastic cue!
    Everyone's opinion will be biased on the few cues they have tried, and how they got on with those cues.
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I have just ordered a new cue fom Tony Glover ..see my thread asking about him. I was very impressed with him. I cannot wait to try my new cue only weeks to go!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello again

As I said it is my opinion and I recommend ultimate cue to the players who make 40 plus breaks consistenly.
        40 out of top 50 pro players play with parris ultimate cue,
        8 of top 10 use parris ultimate too and this is what john parris told me.
        He also told me that I can sell my used ultimate cue for more money that I pay for the new one. It is mean that demand for ultimate is very high and if you have one you will never loose money on it. I personaly saw that ultimate used cue been sold on eBay for £850, £900 and £1200.
        But I did not saw that Trevor cue been sold for more than £400. Big difference in money wise.

Comment

John Parris makes great cues, and his ultimate cues are top notch. So are cues from Trevor, Mike, Will...etc
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Difference between uk made cues and not you can see on the point where butt spliced to the shaft . The accuracy of the job Usually covered by the paint but not always. To double check you have to scratch this black paint with the knife and than you will see that splicings are not hand made but machine made. Some times it is hand made butt splicings far from been perfect. That's why they often use paint to make it look perfect. Many people haven't got a clue how to buy the cue that's why they choose branded name like John parris. It the same as Bmw or mercedes car always reliable and top quality.
            Be careful when you buy a brand new cue and it is from abroad or got new name brand.I hope my little advice will help some one to choose a nice playing cue.
            Good luck.

Comment

Hello again

As I said it is my opinion and I recommend ultimate cue to the players who make 40 plus breaks consistenly.
              40 out of top 50 pro players play with parris ultimate cue,
              8 of top 10 use parris ultimate too and this is what john parris told me.
              He also told me that I can sell my used ultimate cue for more money that I pay for the new one. It is mean that demand for ultimate is very high and if you have one you will never loose money on it. I personaly saw that ultimate used cue been sold on eBay for £850, £900 and £1200.
              But I did not saw that Trevor cue been sold for more than £400. Big difference in money wise.
              8 out of the top 10 use a parris ultimate i dont think so.

1 o'sullivan hunt and osborne
              2 maguire parris ultimate
              3 murphy old tom newman
              4 higgins northwest
              5 carter parris ultimate
              6 day white
              7 selby stamford
              8 fu de roo
              9 robertson parris classic
              10 hendry parris ultimate

but 4 out of 10 isnt to bad and looking through the top 50 player i would say its more like 20/25 use a parris.
              Last edited by ste bed; 2 March 2010, 01:47 AM.

Comment

sorry but you are the one who dosen't have a clue and your advice is erroneous.

Difference between uk made cues and not you can see on the point where butt spliced to the shaft . The accuracy of the job Usually covered by the paint but not always. To double check you have to scratch this black paint with the knife and than you will see that splicings are not hand made but machine made. Some times it is hand made butt splicings far from been perfect. That's why they often use paint to make it look perfect. Many people haven't got a clue how to buy the cue that's why they choose branded name like John parris. It the same as Bmw or mercedes car always reliable and top quality.
                Be careful when you buy a brand new cue and it is from abroad or got new name brand.I hope my little advice will help some one to choose a nice playing cue.
                Good luck.

Comment

Good luck.
                  Very inexperienced explanation.....

I don't think non-UK handmade cues (especially from Thailand and China) are that bad. Rory Mcleod using Omin cue...yoo...!!!
                  Last edited by brendan147; 2 March 2010, 09:36 AM.
                  My cueing sucks

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ight=china+cue

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ght=Uncle+Thai

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ght=Uncle+Thai

Maybe this 3 thread can gave help you better idea about cue makers outside UK.

Cheers

Comment

haha and im not even saying, uncle thai makes a better cue than anyone, im saying its very impressive work to begin with, but given the price, probably much better than you can get anywhere else. =]

Comment

Truth is there are many great cue makers out there, all with unique and specialty that only user they themselves can feel.
                        Different user will have different cue makers in their mind.
                        Pay more does not mean you get the better stuff out there.

Comment

Ok Lol
                          Are you making them your self in Malaysia? Why not it is good profit. Wood stick probebly cost $50 then you sell for £120 on eBay saying that this cue is as good as john parris.

Comment

Ok Lol
                            Are you making them your self in Malaysia? Why not it is good profit. Wood stick probebly cost $50 then you sell for £120 on eBay saying that this cue is as good as john parris.
                            i dont know what you're gettin at. whats your point?

Comment

Best Cue Maker

I have been reading all the replies on this thread with a smile on my face, we all know that JP is probably the most famous cue me maker in the world, however we should all appreciate the complexity of creating a beautiful work of art. I myself play with a 1 pce maple Tony Glover this is the most fantastic cue and mores the point is that I Love it and yes it is a very personal choice and was not about cost. I have owned Peradon and Master cues in the past and they were both great cues. So we as Mortals should be praising these outstanding cue makers that provide these cues for the game we all love. :snooker:

Comment

Verry good reply.
                                The most important that you are happy with cue you are playing. I am happy with what I got and I recommend what I have.
                                John Parris Ultimate one piece is the best cue I play with. It has 10 evenly run chevrons, nice strait grain and very nice feel.58" 9.5 mm tip and 18.5 oz weight. 4 splice of thyia burr wood and ebony butt. Sd joint and cost me £675. I was waiting for this cue just over 10 month.
                                Good luck to every body and I hope every one will find them perfect cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X