No announcement yet.

Cue warp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spot on, but you cannot deny the cues tendency to normalise to whatever the humidity
    is, in its environment.this is normal its what woods good at!.problem is manufacters,suppliers of wood ect try to aviod it,dont bother.over a period of 6 weeks i could bend a cue 45 degrees it would't play very well but it will bend!.the stress's on a cue are not even, the grain across is stronger than through the grain, that's why the cue sounds different depending what side you put on it,ash mostly so.if its bent bend it back.one tip is to find the bend and use the chalk in your case to form a lever and put pressure on the other way over time it will tend to stay put!

Comment

i dont know if i can contact you this way terry if not point me in the right direction.but in the late seventies several canadians were based at our club and their knowledge of snooker cue mechanics was awesome,including throw,hit and feel .are they still active, frank jonic, the bear brother's, alain robiduese, and my favourites paul thornley and marrio morra.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
        north american ash is incredibly dry, thats why its pingy, compared to european ash used in older cues . generally speaking thats why cuemakers like to aclimatise shafts during manufacture. back in the eighties i used to soak cues in the bath to try and induce density back into the wood, but it was very hit and miss. i take my hat of to current cue makers, i made thousands of cues with north american ash and would not play with any of them!.find an old cue with a good shaft thats not bone dry and have it rebutted, just like the big boys do!
        I've said that for years.

Comment

Working...
        X