No announcement yet.

Urgent help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea go for it! your cue is fine its only the extention you need to send back...I told you they will sort it out....happy cueing mate! Tell what you think of your saffire and what tip your planning on retipping again.
    "Where's the white going?"

Comment

Hey guys, sorry didnt keep you posted last nyt, went out with the girlfriend lol!

The cue is great, nice and smooth and plays fantastically. I know it probably wouldnt be as good as im making it out to be compared to some of the antique cues and pro cues you guys have! but it does me haha! I knocked in a wee colour clearance at the end of the first frame to get the highest break with it so far (27), but i defo need to get a new tip on it, the factory tip isnt really that good, and its not shapped like a dome so it was very hard to play position!

I dont have any tips atm, but can you recommend some to buy? and what is the diff between soft and hard tips? For the mean time, im just going to lightly shape it with a bit of sandpaper, and make sure i dont wreck the ferrule! haha!

P.S, what wud be the easiest way to replace the tip? i tried it a while ago with a kit on an old cue, and i just messed it up, and im scared i might do the same to my new cue

Comment

Get some of these tips...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRO-GRANITE-PR...item3a5530e5c5

Read ADR147's tip guide....

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/rob/T...47TIPGUIDE.pdf

Ant,,,:snooker:

Comment

The url for the tip guide wont work... But them tips look good! I take it they would fit a 9.5mm tip?

Comment

Check your email .. have send a copy to you

Comment

Originally Posted by Chris Patterson View Post
              The url for the tip guide wont work... But them tips look good! I take it they would fit a 9.5mm tip?
              If you look at the tip guide, it will show you how to fit it...
              You get the tip thats bigger than ur ferrule (9.5mm) and cut it down (carefully, mind ya fingers!)
              Highest Match Break - 77
              Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
              Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

It doesnt matter if the cue is antique, a very expensive cue or a cheap cue, if it feels good to your hand, grip, weight and plays good its the right one for you regardless of make, color, wood used, machine spliced, hand spliced etc. etc. As long as it feels right for you, its the right cue for you.

For retipping....
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThzplanpMo

try that link it should help...
                "Where's the white going?"

Comment

Working...
                X