Parris Butt wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parris Butt wanted

Does any body have a John parris Butt for sell. If you have please PM me with price.:snooker:

Maybe you can have Dan built you a new butt like this one...

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=20491

Comment

PM, Dan about altering my butt, but he's got to much on at the moment, thought I try my luck and see if any one's got a butt from a broken cue.

Comment

have you just got a shaft? if so the butts not going to match up at the joint.

Comment

I got a complete cue but I'm not happy with the butt. my cue has a slim taper and small diameter butt, so as long as I can get one slightly over sized I can have it machined down by JP and hand finnished. John can shave the brass joint down till the splices match.
          Last edited by cazmac1; 27 February 2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Yes I have! The butt is from a JP Classic. Its about 20" long, the female joint is at 25.35mm according to my calliper and the butt is 30mm..

Any good to you?

Comment

Thats perfect, can you PM me with the price and we can see if we can do a deal, thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                Yes I have! The butt is from a JP Classic. Its about 20" long.......
                The butt on my classic is only 16" long - are you sure of your length ??

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                  I got a complete cue but I'm not happy with the butt. my cue has a slim taper and small diameter butt, so as long as I can get one slightly over sized I can have it machined down by JP and hand finnished. John can shave the brass joint down till the splices match.
                  I will highly recommend that you have the new butt custom by JP instead of buying one from the market.

There will be several complications such as the cue balance, weight & the overall dynamics of the cue will be effected.

Even if you got a cheap butt, you will still have to pay a lot more to JP for the other adjustments to get it to your spec.

Comment

Hi willytan,
                    I've spent a lot of money on this cue and I'm at the point where I almost smashed it a couple of times. This is the last throw of the dice with this cue.
                    I've had some big breaks with this cue but have never been happy with it, I've a new cue on order and will most properly sell this on or keep it for my son (that’s if it stays in one piece).

When I was last a JP he told me that they can shave the joint down for £20, I was even offered the service there on the spot. j6uk has measured the diameter at the joint as being 25.35. Mine is almost the same, just a faction over. I might even be able to sand it down myself
                    Last time I hand the cue butt altered at john's it cost me around £85 pounds which is quite reasonable. H&O wanted £120 which I thought was too much.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      The butt on my classic is only 16" long - are you sure of your length ??
                      Yes it was 16 but I had it extended 2" by John and now its 18.5 with 9" rosewood splicing.
                      John and I tried to match it up with other Classics in the shop and he said "its no problem shaving a bit off here or there".. That's what I like about him, he's able to think outside the box and land on his feet with a decent cue in his hand! But i wanted a 1pc so, hence I still have the butt.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                        Why dont you just get J P make a new but that would be the best thing to do .

Comment

Working...
                        X