No announcement yet.

Dent in my mates cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ,lighter idea don't sound to clever to me...LOL.

It will just make the cloth/towel smoke like feck and burn/scorch it.

The iron idea seems the best to me, assuming you have an iron like...

Comment

all these ideas work on the same principle - heat the dent and it should expand.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Could you not do damage with Iron????

Comment

about a year ago i trapped 1 of my cues in the car door as i was getting in i shut the door and the cue wasnt all the way in and a shut the door on the cue. which left a huge dent about 4in down the shaft i held it over a boiling kettle and let the steam expand the wood before rubing it down i did this about 5/7 times over a weeks period and now its completly gone.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Dont understand how this could work
            wood expands

Comment

Yes just use the kettle and after you have done the cue you can make a cup of tea .

Comment

The world is crazy..... next thing you'll be telling me toast always lands buttered side up. Bahhh i shouldnt have had anything to drink tonight.... I understand wood expands, but does this really work? sure the cue may look 100% but is it really ridgy dige? Doesn't the original damage do something to the internal grain of the cue? efect the weight in a small un noticable way? make you think that phsycologically the cue is a usless as a brooom handle with the head still attached? crazy i tell you......

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts on this subject, although I am still lacking confidence in helping my mate fix this problem.
                  Welsh Is Best

Comment

If either of you have a very cheap old cue (or indeed an old broom handle) then deliberately put a dent in it and try to remove it by using any or all the above methods. Then when you come to do the proper cue you will hopefully feel confident of doing it right. As for changes in weight ,unless the cue is chipped then there is no change in weight of the cue, and indeed the weight is still in the same area of the cue so it should have no detrimental affect whatsoever.

Comment

The steam from the kettle or from the cloth with the iron will swell the wood ever so slightly and should help get the dent out(depending on the severity) afterwords use a glass to help finish removing the dent.
                      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by mick.hinde View Post
                        If either of you have a very cheap old cue (or indeed an old broom handle) then deliberately put a dent in it and try to remove it by using any or all the above methods. Then when you come to do the proper cue you will hopefully feel confident of doing it right. As for changes in weight ,unless the cue is chipped then there is no change in weight of the cue, and indeed the weight is still in the same area of the cue so it should have no detrimental affect whatsoever.
                        even if you had a chip there is no way of telling the weight change - it would be a few grams at most

Comment

I also have a small dent on my cue and was thinking of using the steam over from the kettle. I just want to ask usually how long do you guys put the cue there? Few seconds? Minutes? Thanks very much.

Comment

Hi I find a damp cloth over the dent works , if its small an hour or so , if its bad then maybe overnight...hope this helps.

Comment

I bought a Steamer which you can get from Most Shops....Steams Tiles, Grout, etc..........And Excellent for Cues £9.99

I have done around 10 Cues with this and its Great.

If you have a small dent then Steam off the Kettle is ok, But check it after it settles dont keep doing it straight away!!

Gaz.

Comment

Yes I also use one of these and they do thr job well as you can be more accurate
                                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                                X