Master Cue Thai - Original or fake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mr O View Post
    Well you seem like a pretty honest fellow, and credit to you for owning up that it was an honest mistake and that you didn't set out to con anyone. But din't you think it strange that the cue you listed looked nothing like the ones you linked to? And nowhere on the cue does it say PB1 or even Mastercue?
    From the pics, the cue you listed looks neither hanspliced nor machine spliced, but painted or "ebonised" . Which I'm afraid is the lowest quality you can get. Having said that the ash might be fine, and it might be a decent enough cue to play with, But value wise it's a lemon. The badge looks familiar but I can't put a make to it. What does it say on the small lettering above the crown emblem?
    All good points. Where you said, "didn't I think it strange that
    the cue looked nothing like the one linked to?" Personally, I thought it looked a LOT like the ones linked to. On the other hand, the pictures in the links were really crappy, so that didn't help, and I struggled to find any better links.

It doesn't say PB1 on it, and the circular badge was worn, and is illegible. I can't remember what it used to say, as it's been in the case for several years and not been looked at. I can't answer your question about the small lettering above the emblem, as the cue is currently with the person who (temporarily) bought it. When it comes back, I'll let you know!

To jrc750: never mess with a cat with automatic weapon!

Comment

here's the mastercue website..

the pro-butt series have pro-butt white disc on the cue butt...
      and the joint and badge looks nothing like a Mastercue
      don't know how the sport store tried to pass it off as a Mastercue in the first place....

maybe the guy that works there was confused, like someone told them "pro-butt = Mastercue" or something... and he looked at the writing on the butt and somehow linked them together or something.... as the cue doesn't look anything like a Mastercue...

http://www.mastercue.th.com/th/index.php
      Last edited by lk8; 5 April 2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X