Need to shorten my que, urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new JP from J6uk

I just got my new JP but from J6uk. it's even better than I hoped. This brings my cue lenght back to a respectable 58 and a 1/4.
    Very happy indeed .
    I will post pictures later:snooker:

Comment

let me guess... now you need it shortened
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        I just got my new JP but from J6uk. it's even better than I hoped. This brings my cue lenght back to a respectable 58 and a 1/4.
        Very happy indeed .
        I will post pictures later:snooker:
        Next time someone says "Are you sure?", "Are you REALLY sure" think about it

goodluck with it mate :snooker:
        sigpic <---New Website
        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

... my cue is now 56 and a 1/4. I think if I stuck to what I wanted 56 and 3/4 it would have been fine....
          I just got my new JP.... This brings my cue lenght back to a respectable 58 and a 1/4.....
          Ime confused now (doesnt take much) you had a cue 57 1/4 which you had shortened to 56 1/4 (when really you meant to say 56 3/4) and now you got another cue at 58 1/4 ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Ime confused now (doesnt take much) you had a cue 57 1/4 which you had shortened to 56 1/4 (when really you meant to say 56 3/4) and now you got another cue at 58 1/4 ???
            Don't worry I've confused myself.
            I've just got the tape out...
            My que was 57 1/4 I had an inch taken off, I got second hand JP butt from
            j6uk.
            This butt measures 18 3/8...
            My but measured 17 3/4....
            So with the two together I now have a cue that is....
            Now 57?????
            I think I need to go back to shcool. so lenght wise I have the lenght I wanted oringinaly.
            Still playing crap...
            Trevor white, wheres my new cue, I need youuuuuuuuuuu AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
            Last edited by cazmac1; 15 March 2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Hi mate
              Can I have Bob Ackers tel number and address/
              cuemad

Comment

I have been through the same situation with my cue recently even after playing snooker for a long time. For what is worth, I learnt a very important lesson. Never cut down a cue because it rarely plays the same after. I feel that, the shorter the cue the more rigid the shaft becomes and once it's cut there is no turning back and it also alters the feel and playability. It feels like you have borrowed someone's cue. Best thing to do is to sell it once you have found a cue with the right length. I believe quite a lot of people go through these phases as you learn more about techniques and you try to improve all the time ie,changing the stance, playing with a straight arm or a bent arm etc. But sometimes too much info overflow could lead to the mind being clouded with issues which detract you from doing the main thing, potting balls and palying the game . Even if you have a 3/4 cue and you get a longer butt to compensate, the balance of the cue will differ unless you use a lighter wood on the front splice, as ebony is heavier.It's individual taste at the end of the day.
                cuemad

Comment

Your so right mate. I'm going to sell the cue. A lesson learned, From now on if I'm not happy with the cue I'm just going sell and buy a new one. I think I'll pop into JP tomorrow and see what he's in the racks.:snooker::snooker:

Comment

I agree with not shortening the cue as there is no going back, as has been said here.

The way to correct this is to adjust two things. The first being where you grip the cue on the butt and the second is the bend in your bridge arm.

On the bend in the bridge arm, you shouldn't over-bend it so you have a 45degree bend in it, but a slight bend is fine.

The last thing to do (all credit to Terry Griffiths Matchroom) is to put some tape on the butt once you've changed things and also put a faint pencil mark on the shaft where it is on the 'V' of the bridge in the address position. For most players this pencil mark should be anywhere from 10" to 12"(at the MOST) and even 9" is OK for most players but NO LESS.

If your pencil mark is outside of these bounds (9' to 12") then rub off the original mark and put a new one at 11" or so and adjust your bridge arm bending to suit and ensure the cue is within 1/4" of the cueball at address

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

well i have done this in past too to cues, altered them and regreted it.

but recieved my cue back today from bob akers and his work is awsome.
                      i had half an inch cue off for a bigger tip and cue feels same as before.

so if a altereation is not drastic a cue will feel the same

Comment

contact details for bob akers
                        5 ashwood gardens
                        gildersome leeds LS27 7AS

very much recommend him top bloke

Comment

After what I been thourgh these last few weeks with my cue and my bad form I have decieded to give the game up till my TW cue arrives. I have no idea how long this will be as I haven't heard from him for a while. My misses will be pleased as I can get all those jobs around the house done now.

Comment

Your so right mate. I'm going to sell the cue. A lesson learned, From now on if I'm not happy with the cue I'm just going sell and buy a new one. I think I'll pop into JP tomorrow and see what he's in the racks.:snooker::snooker:
                            Sounds like someones hit the panic button before a tournament, no shame in that, lots of players do but in your case big time, throwing everything out the pram..
                            Really wanting my JP butt which you were dieing for so I posted it to you and now you don't want it. Chopping up your cue then to be sold and now.,your gonna buy a brand new cue which you didn't want to do in the first place

Iv played in three consecutive tournaments in Europe last year with three very different club racker cues, kind of got use to all of them, from thick butts to whipy shafts..

I think you have issues and it has nothing to do with cues.

J6UK

Comment

I don't think it’s a matter of panicking before a tournament. I’ve been unhappy with this cue from day one. Even when I've made good breaks. I never felt in control at any time. I now lost confidence in the cue. But I think a deals a deal and I will buy the butt, it don't make sense to send it back.

Comment

Thanks for the info on Bob and very much appreciated.
                                cuemad

Comment

Working...
                                X