Need to shorten my que, urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to shorten my que, urgent

Does any one know any body in london or surrounding area who will cut my cue down by 1/2 an inch and put a ferrule on for me. I want to get it done while I wait. They don't have to sand or finish the cue I can do that myself.
    Or does anyone have the machine for cutting the wood. I'll be happy with just that service.

any good cue doctor will do that while you wait,you might end up with a slightly bigger ferrule/tip size though,, had mine done sunday by bob akers in gildersome near leeds , took him 45 mins and cost the grand total of £6 and a top quality job he has done

Comment

The two cue makers near me are john parris and will hunt, I asked will and he said it would take a week and I'm sure it would be longer for JP. Your guy sound just the sort of person I need but I don't know of any local cue doctors who will give this service. I'm entering the KC pro am in two weeks and I want to get the work done quickly so I've got time to practice.
      I might try JP as he does seem to have more poeple working for him these days.
      But if someone does know of a local que doctor in london or surrounding area please help :snooker::snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        Does any one know any body in london or surrounding area who will cut my cue down by 1/2 an inch and put a ferrule on for me. I want to get it done while I wait. They don't have to sand or finish the cue I can do that myself.
        Or does anyone have the machine for cutting the wood. I'll be happy with just that service.
        Just an advice. If the cue is playable at the moment, try gripping the butt a half-inch shorter. You are running out of practice time
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Just some advise.
          Remember if you shorten your cue your timing will be shot, 2 weeks is a bit to close for a change
          Start playing snooker 1 May 2010
          Highest Break 32
          Highest Score 113
          Cue: Mastercraft.
          Cue specs 9mm Talisman soft, 18 ounce

Comment

The thing is I changed my stance and suddenly the cue seems to have grown. This has had an unusual effect of changing to point of impact on hitting the cue ball. I'm constantly over screwing and stun shots are turning in to screw shots. My potting has improved, as I'm more comfortable on the shot and my cue alignment has improved. It’s my positional play that’s letting me down. I could try holding the cue further up the shaft but this requires conscious thought which is off putting, your concentration should be totally on the game and nothing else. I'm not going to win the KC pro- am anyhow, my game is not that good. I'm just hoping to win a couple of frames, maybe make a decent break, meet some people and have a really good day out.

Comment

Why dont you just hold the cue a bit higher up the cue half an inch . even put a bit of tape around the bottom of the cue at the length you want .
              Last edited by mick 142; 11 March 2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by mick 142 View Post
                Why dont you just hold the cue a bit higher up the cue half an inch . even put a bit of tape around the bottom of the cue at the length you want .
                I was thinking about this. I think I'll put something on the butt and get some decent practice in.
                Thanks cazmac
                but I'm still going to get the cue shorten long term

Comment

I personly only grip a cue shorter at playing close shots for better controle and position, however on the longer straight shots were a full stroke with follow threw you need to grip the cue at its normal position.The cue and its balance point shifts when holding forward and it feels totaly weard for me. I am 1.86m tall, I played with a 147cm cue for a long time, I changed about 6 monthes ago to a 145cm.It made a big improvement, with less miss cues and better long shots.
                  Start playing snooker 1 May 2010
                  Highest Break 32
                  Highest Score 113
                  Cue: Mastercraft.
                  Cue specs 9mm Talisman soft, 18 ounce

Comment

I read somewhere that john higgins shorten his cue after steve davis made some comments about his cue or action being too long. John shorten his cue and improved imediately

Comment

am having mine shorted by bob akers, sent it to him today

Comment

Might be getting mine done by Dan S tomorrow. How long is your cue and what size are you reducing it to.

Comment

I got my cue shorten by Dan Shelton last night, I went there with the intention of taking ½ an inch of the cue, but for some strange reason I had a rush of blood and told Dan to take an inch off. I can’t fault the work done by Dan, he even clean the cue and it's came up lovely. I went down the snooker hall right away to try it out, and now I have daylight between the tip of the cue and the cue ball and the cue feels to short I wish I'd stuck to a 1/2 an inch. I'm not overly worried as I have a new butt coming which is two inches longer than mine.
                          The reason I shorten the cue was that I play with a long bridge and coaches’ constantly tell you this is a bad thing, so by shorting the cue my bridge now conforms to this model. What I want to know and is if I leave my cue as it is, will I adjust to the shorter cue over a period of time and eventually move closer to the white?

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                            Might be getting mine done by Dan S tomorrow. How long is your cue and what size are you reducing it to.
                            just having half an inch taken off, to have a bigger tip fitted.

58 inches to 57 and half

Comment

Thats sounds ok, I my cue is now 56 and a 1/4. I think if I stuck to what I wanted 56 and 3/4 it would have been fine. I had a few hours practice with it today and played a bit better but cue still feels short. I'll have to practice every day now to be ready for KC pro am.

Comment

Working...
                              X