New cue from Trevor white or Northwest cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue from Trevor white or Northwest cues

I have done about as much reading up on cue makers as I had done when I bought my last car lol and I’m still not convinced on what maker to go with? I have seen a cue by Trevor white that just looked beautiful and I’m tempted to go and ask if he would make me a cue? But I’m not sure of his prices? I also like the look and feedback of mike Wooldridge cues. I have used his vcm to get a quote but it’s out with my budget.
    I am going down to northwest this week as my mate I definitely getting his cue from kevin but I’m not sure myself if I should either bite the bullet and go and ask Trevor for a quote or order a cue from kevin as well his prices are really reasonable and well within my budget which it £400 tops. Plus I don’t see any negative feedback for northwest other than someone who said something about red glue??? ? But did go on to say that the cue was great to play with? What are your thoughts about northwest and can anyone give me rough idea as to what Trevor white prices are?
    This is the link to the Trevor white cues I like the design of the cue image 33, 34 but like the grain in the cues 73 and 75
    http://files.vandeweyerstudios.be/tw/

you have expensive taste!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think TW MW JP and Dan's cues are all almost the same price..

I may be wrong..

Comment

Plus it depends on the wood you choose..

Beauty and rare would be more expensive..

Comment

What about Tony Glover his cues are A1.

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
            I think TW MW JP and Dan's cues are all almost the same price..

I may be wrong..
            yep you are wrong!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              yep you are wrong!
              Haha.. Then just ignore my post guys.. Sorry

Comment

Kevin's cues are nicely made and he is very helpful in your decision making, going down you will see the woods and get an idea of the quality and a bit of a laugh with him too as he is a bit of a comedian. I would have to say that although i do rate his cues, i am of the opinion that the only difference between his and Trevor's cues is that Trevor's are finished better. The finish Trevor gets on his cues is beautiful.
                Not much between them but if there is any, that's it IMHO.
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

The second last cue in those pics looks just stunning !
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Trevor is very reasonably priced considering the high quality of his work.
                    I was very pleasantly suprised when he priced my cue, only 6 months to wait! lol
                    Highest Match Break - 77
                    Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
                    Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      you have expensive taste!
                      Yea I know, just don't tell the wife. whenever I do get my new cue, it will be” I got it out of jjb sport honey it was on sale £30” honest
                      I have one hobby that I love and it’s a good few years since I’ve have had to buy a cue plus I’m lucky enough to be able to spend a few quid on a quality one so what the hell last time round I ended up getting a cue that I was never totally happy with but felt it was the best that was available to me that was about 7 years ago and I'm making sure I get everything just how i want it this time round

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
                        Kevin's cues are nicely made and he is very helpful in your decision making, going down you will see the woods and get an idea of the quality and a bit of a laugh with him too as he is a bit of a comedian. I would have to say that although i do rate his cues, i am of the opinion that the only difference between his and Trevor's cues is that Trevor's are finished better. The finish Trevor gets on his cues is beautiful.
                        Not much between them but if there is any, that's it IMHO.
                        Thanks mate that is just the kind of thing I wanted to hear.
                        This is what I have picked out for my new cue budget willing that is.
                        One piece ash. nice grain, I like the grain in the images of his cues 73, 75 and looking closer at the one warren liked also the grain on second last cue I love the way the chevrons run down the length of the shaft really nice. As for design I really like the look of 33 and 34
                        Cue length 58”
                        Butt size 29.5mm
                        Tip size 9.5mm
                        Weight well this I’m still not sure? I know that the cue I have just now is to heavy and I have tried just about everybody else’s cue I get hold of but the problem is most folks don’t know what weight the cue is ? I am going to go with either 18.5oz or 19oz
                        I have decided to try and get hold of Trevor’s contact details and give him a bell or send him an email see if he can help me out. Does anyone have a phone number or email address for him as I’m sure I read that he does not have a web site.

Comment

Are you ready to wait for 6 months (or more) before TW can send you your custom cue? If yes, go for it. Otherwise, ADR147 is your option here. He have loads of TW cue.

Cheers.
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

For 400 pounds, you 'd probably get a JP Mannock rep at most, not any more complicated.

Comment

If you are a patient then without a shadow of a doubt,wait for a TW cue. You will not be disappointed as Trevor will deliver what you asked for. I know because I have a TW myself.
                              cuemad

Comment

Working...
                              X