John Parris Regal, have I chosen correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris Regal, have I chosen correctly

2 weeks ago i ordered a JP Regal cue standard size.
    Although there are many good cue makers most are not in my area which is Bucks and I did want to feel and try out before I bought a cue (So no MW).
    I was working in London so went to JP's work shop and felt happy with my order.
    Yesterday i went to a local club and tried out a JP CHALLENGE, and was not pleased to find that when i rubbed my chin on the lower shaft (over stretching) the wood felt quite ruff, surely this didn't go out of the workshop like that? What are the JP owners and other makers owners thoughts?

Have I chosen correctly in maker and cue?

Last thing I have played with a 9mm tip for about 20years will the 9.5mm tip make much difference?

Thanks for your replies (if any) in advance.

Well usually the JP cues are pretty good and I am sure your cue would also be pretty good and your friends cue may just be one of the few cases

Anyways if you had been playing with a 9 mm tip then you should have gone for the ambassador cue it is 9mm and they usually do have it in stock

9.5 will make a difference. How much difference it will make depends on you but I am sure you will get used to it in some time
    I used to play with 9mm and shifted to 9.5 a month back and have had no issues whatsoever (barring a couple of days)
    And personally I suggest you stick with 9.5 as its more standard and you will feel more consistent

Comment

I have a JP Ambassador and have tried many of the cues in his workshop, including a few ppls Ultimates...
      I have found all of them to be very good cues, and if you look after it properly, oiling it every so often and cleaning it after ya play, should start perfectly smooth... 2 years on and mine is as good as the day i bought it, well, after putting MW supertip on i now think its better!
      I dont think ull be disappointed with ya JP Regal in any way.
      Highest Match Break - 77
      Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
      Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Trust your own snooker playing ability & also trust the equipment which you are using. It will serve you better in some ways or another.

Comment

finabb - I have had a good Few John Parris Cues and Tried alot more and never seen a Bad Quality one yet too be Honest?

If you Receive your Cue and your Not Happy John will say send it back and he will sort it as Customers are Always Right and his Good Name Means alot too him.

All I can say is wait for it to arrive and see for yourself before you make any judgements.

As for your Friends Cue has he used anything on the Shaft as he may have Rubbed it down etc with sandpaper etc etc and that would have left Rough Finish.

As for your Tip being 9.5mm rather than 9mm you will adjust in time as I did, And you will proberly Improve your game if anything.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
            finabb - I have had a good Few John Parris Cues and Tried alot more and never seen a Bad Quality one yet too be Honest?

If you Receive your Cue and your Not Happy John will say send it back and he will sort it as Customers are Always Right and his Good Name Means alot too him.

All I can say is wait for it to arrive and see for yourself before you make any judgements.

As for your Friends Cue has he used anything on the Shaft as he may have Rubbed it down etc with sandpaper etc etc and that would have left Rough Finish.

As for your Tip being 9.5mm rather than 9mm you will adjust in time as I did, And you will proberly Improve your game if anything.
            Exactly, nothing else to add really.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
            X