Butt end join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butt end join

I am playing with a glover cue right now and I am very interested in ordering a new cue from him. I only have one problem. I am not very fond of the butt end join from Glover and really like those quick release types from JP. I heard from a friend that I can order a cue from a guy like Glover installed with a join from JP or H&O? Is this common practice or have I just been given false information. I don't want to make a fool out of myself when I message him to order the new cue. Thanks very much.

Maybe you can bring your current cue to 147 to have the butt joint changed to JP or H&O type SD joint.
    I believe 147 have the skill and tools to perform this simple task.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Willytan, I trust the craftmanship of 147 here in HK but i dont really want to change anything or modified after the cue has been made. I rather have it fully custom ordered from the factory with the end join installed there.

Comment

Maybe what u can do is have it custom made without any butt joint, then have it done back in 147HK or you can request it from the cue maker. I believe the cue maker will definately accomdate on ur request.

Comment

Hi Nelix
          I have just received my one piece jet black 4 point ebony, striaght grained matured Ash shaft cue from Coutts Cue; from Dave in Lincolnshire. The cue is fantastic and it is fitted with an O'min butt end joint. This is because I have already got a full set of Omin extensions. By the way, I also use the Omin extensions on my Trevor White cue and it actually works a treat. Dave of Coutts Cues actually do a 'spiral loc joint' which is a quick release butt end extension joint. He has got some fantastic 12 year old ash shafts at present and I got one of them. Give him a try. I personally, prefer the cue maker to do everything so the balance is spot on. Coutts make the cue entirely by hand. Here's the link

http://www.couttscues.co.uk/
          cuemad

Comment

Working...
          X