Shorten Cue Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorten Cue Length

I recently bought a Mike Wooldridge Cue from a reputable shop that is 58" long. After I have tried it, I really believe that 57" is the right length for me. I feel alot more comfortable with a 57" cue in my hands. Now I am left with 2 options and 1 is to sell it and 2 is to shorten the cue. I have not had any experience with doing alterations to a cue so I was wondering if there are any side effects to shortening a cue such as affecting the balance point and overall playability of the cue. Sorry for these novice questions as I am quite new to all of this. Thanks for help.

The effects are minimal and there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to get used to the cue after chopping an inch off. Especially if the shaft isn't thick. Make absolutely sure that it's the right thing to do though, if you really like the cue except for the length then do it. Otherwise sell it and get a shorter one

Comment

Yeah you should be alright get Mike to do it for you.

Comment

Read my thread, "Need to shorten my cue urgent". The only difference here is, if you’ve always played with a cue that is 57 and are sure that this is your length I can't see any problem shortening the cue. Just make sure that it's done by a reputable cue maker, because, if they balls it up you may have to go even shorter. The best thing would be to sell the cue and get another that is 57. No risk involved and no extra cost.

Comment

As long as the shaft is not tapered after shortening, imo it should be working fine for the cue.

But if you were to have your cue shaft tapered after shortening, the dynamic of the cue will be affected.

I believe that if you were to bring your cue to any reputable cue smith, they will definitely answer your queries. If they were to tell you everything is possible without affecting the cue, that is utterly BullSh**. My advise is to shy away from them.

Comment

Thanks very much for all the help. I think it is too much of a hassle to shorten the cue as I am not located in the UK and cannot just walk into a reputable shop to get the work done. I think I will just sell the MW cue. If anyone interested can PM me, I can send details and photos of the cue. Thanks again for all the advice given.

Comment

Originally Posted by nelix View Post
              Thanks very much for all the help. I think it is too much of a hassle to shorten the cue as I am not located in the UK and cannot just walk into a reputable shop to get the work done. I think I will just sell the MW cue. If anyone interested can PM me, I can send details and photos of the cue. Thanks again for all the advice given.
              I believe that HK147 should be able to help you do the minor alteration.

But if you wanna sell your MW cue, maybe you can post the pics & the cue spec and also your Email address here.
              As you must have more than 10 posts before sending & receiving PMs.

Those who are interested will definitely contact you for the sales

Comment

Thanks for the advice you have been very helpful Willytan

Comment

Working...
                X